FFV 46.67% 7 46.67%
FFVII 0% 0 0%
FFVIII 20.00% 3 20.00%
FFIX 0% 0 0%
FFX 20.00% 3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which FF has your favourite Iron Giant design?

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I feel like these recurring monsters deserve some more credit. Here are pictures to remind you of their designs.
  • FFII [Image: latest?cb=20121220194211]
  • FFIII [Image: latest?cb=20160125101518]
  • FFIV [Image: latest?cb=20080703222842]
  • FFV [Image: latest?cb=20130510233829]
  • FFVII[Image: latest?cb=20120704204612]
  • FFVIII [Image: latest?cb=20160228174212]
  • FFIX[Image: latest?cb=20130626195313]
  • FFX [Image: latest?cb=20150213212441]
As a bonus question, what do you think they're? Robotic beings? Giants enclosed in armor? Living armors?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
FFX, since in some FF image, you can clearly see some flesh, i think that they are giant which wear armors

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Clearly FF6's is the best. Wink

I like FFV's the most. I can't really articulate why though.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I like V's the most, with 8 being a close 2nd.
While a couple look somewhat robotic, and a couple look like living giants, I've just recently thought they are basically haunted armor, like a golem but armored, brought to life by magic and having just the very basic of intelligence. The blacked out face and glowing eyes leads me to think this.

But yeah, IV's is clearly robotic and a couple could pass as giants.

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
For me it's FFV, VII and VIII. But if I have to pick one, then FFV. It's got that old 16-bit charm while it also nails the badass look.

I wouldn't say they are living armors -- they're somewhat mysterious, though. The idea of them being Golem-like is pretty cool.

I enjoy fighting them, too. I remember the Northern Crater in FFVII had one Iron Giant encounter, I think. Big mother****er.

Can't believe FFVI didn't have them.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I kinda like VIII the best. V is good, but i miss the accenting yellow features. VIII has the best mix of old-school design with new-school not-looking-awkward.

Also, I kinda always saw them as not exactly living armors... but living iron. So the flesh parts are actually made up of iron, and don't require machines or electricity to move, just animated, living iron giants, who may or may not have armor-esque designs attached.
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
I favor ff2's the most, specifically the nes versions. Its the one really detailed 6 color only design that started it all.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I like V's the most, with II's being a close second. V's just looks really heavy and powerful. It seems to be the bulkiest overall, and I think that's the main factor in how the Iron Giant should look.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I guess I could voice my opinion too

Mine is a tie between FFVIII and FFX. Like B-Run pointed out, FFVIII is a good mix between the new and the old. It also has the best sword of all of them. In the end though I picked FFX's, because of his sligthy more athletic figure, the gold accents and the blade. I guess to break the tie I went with the fact I'm much more familiar with the FFX version lol

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it was a close call between FFV and FFX for me but I had to go with X on this one

I just like it idk what exactly it is but this one stands above the rest at least to me anyway

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC