Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
my First attempt at a sprite sheet (Aisha from Romancing saga 1 snes)

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
Ever since I first tried out a ff3 hack (the first one tried being ffvi: a complete hack), I've wanted to try to make a custom sprite sheet of something.
This first design I made is of the character Aisha from Romancing saga for the snes. I was intending to use this design in a edit of a rom I've been developing, but I am experiencing too many issues trying to give a unique palette to slot 6 (specifically palette 9 for overworld/towns, palette 7 for battle works just fine.). So instead, I decided to post this first successful attempt at making a sprite sheet.

[Image: scarabenigma-rs-aisha.png]

I bear some troubles when it comes to head direction changes, so certain designs have resulted in a repeat use.
Edit: I forgot to mention I did some improvising with the colors due to the original Aisha design actually using all 16 colors in the palette.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
ok firstly you must use pallets 1-6, other pallets are not meant for character sprites, your overworld pallet and battle pallets should really be the same other wise they bug out in various places. overall tho its pretty competent for your first go! well done

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
The sprite is actually not bad! However, you do NOT want to use palette above 5, as palette 6 is a placeholder that changes its coloration depending on events, and palette 7 is sort of a "grayscale" palette for statues and such.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kugawattan for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (06-14-2016)

Status
Imprisoned
pallet 6 can be used but its mostly not worth the hastle

Status
Slow
I've realized that before this post through much trial and error and tedious in vain fixes to bugged out things. I could easily cure my issue with a palette change to 6 or below, but I don't see the potential to have other characters share that palette. So in the process of changing plans, I decided to share this sheet. Since I'm not planning to use it in my edit attempt.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
It seems to be a pretty flexible pallet to me, learning to get characters to share in pallets is a hardship we must all face. But as I said before well done and I hope you continue. don't be discouraged we have many talented people here that can help you with any problems you might encounter don't be afraid to ask.

Status
Slow
Do not worry, I am not gonna discontinue, in truth, I got a couple other sheets successfully made actually. They use compatible palettes and their original with the exception of borrowing from a portion of other sprites to get a start on the design, which im pretty sure is a common thing done to get a start in a design.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Hey hey, that's not a bad start, just make sure you remember pallete order.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
That's a really cute sprite, I like it.

(06-14-2016, 02:32 PM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: I was intending to use this design in a edit of a rom I've been developing

Yes, that's how it starts... *mysterious laughter*
  Find

Status
Slow
I have a feeling you quoting me on that phrase implies something wrong minded.

What I was implying in that sentence is that I'm trying to develop a hack, still in sprite creation phase.
It will take a darn long while before I think of making a thread for it particularly.
  Find