Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Dark Mirror

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
no not metroid quest

I think its Mathkins or something like that (I'm probably wrong though LOL)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (06-16-2016)

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None

A little cutscene. Spoilers, I guess.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Interesting stuff... even the song is made from you?
I still don't get how far you've progressed in your hack...  Huh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
The music is being done by m06, James is doing the custom graphics.

The progress is slow, actually. I figure stuff out, make something... it's nowhere near playable yet. Sry I can't give you an estimate.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Looking cool! I like the dialogue and the music. I feel as though you could improve this by having the characters move around a bit more during the conversation rather than having so many dialogue boxes in a row.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(06-17-2016, 11:13 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Looking cool!  I like the dialogue and the music.  I feel as though you could improve this by having the characters move around a bit more during the conversation rather than having so many dialogue boxes in a row.

Thanks, I was thinking about that. I'll try to coordinate the dialogue with some movement. I was so focused on getting the words right, I forgot about the characters...
  Find

Status
None
The Dark Mirror is now R-rated:

[Image: 5lrwr8.jpg]

Expect Ninja Gaiden II mutilations and a guest appearance by Samuel L. Jackson. Final boss will be Christopher Walken.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
I feel, like, it, would be, kind of hard, to sprite, a christopher Walken

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
None
Weapons

In The Dark Mirror you'll be using 2 swords who are pretty much Siegfried's only companions -- Gladius and Firangi. Both of them will be characters in their own right. Story-wise, this means Siegfried will talk to them, and they will sometimes tell him things. In terms of gameplay, both Gladius and Firangi will be upgrade-able, up to 5 levels each. They will grow more powerful and useful as they level up. The upgrade system is courtesy of Madsiur's cursed tweak (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...rsed+tweak).

[Image: ie2c9k.jpg]
[Image: nx5myb.jpg]

Their abilities will be sort of complementary to each other, but not exact opposites.

Also, the stat bonuses will no longer follow the +7/-7 system, but a +56/-56 one. In other words, instead of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7, it will work as 8-16-24-32-40-48-56. This was implemented using an adapted version of Returnerscum's +28 bonus items (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...do+we+dare).

I'm still deciding on the number of battles required for each upgrade. But you should be able to get them to level 5 before the end of the story.

A little bonus:

[Image: 2e31g9e.jpg]

The entrance to the first dungeon. You will be going downwards, not up. Some nasty things await you there.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Looking pretty neat! It might be difficult to encourage leveling both swords instead of just using one all the time. Although I'm not sure if that's something that bothers you, it's something to think about.

Confused Moogles FTW