Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Community Event Submissions

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
well i'm sold and i want this to be a thing we do @jackimus.

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
It's a secret dream of mine to do voice acting at least once in my life. So sign me up.

Are we playing it straight or going "abridged" style? Maybe a middle ground? I'm ok with either, but as Fanatic pointed out, there is the question of how serious we are about the quality, which brings up questions of auditions, mic quality, scripting, etc...

One thing I would definitely suggest is someone editing out the dialog boxes and making whatever minor event edits we need so that there is only the action and the audio... except for maybe if a character is reading something.

Jackimus, are you willing to head-up the project? That doesn't mean doing everything, but it does mean coordinating all the moving pieces and delegating tasks. If you aren't up to it, help me find someone else who is!

This is a great idea guys!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Going back over some ideas here. I see suggestions for ASM and Event coding contests... I want to see how many people would be at least interested in participating, and what you think a reasonable submission period would be for such an event.

So, by show of hands, Hello, Who would be interested in participating in an ASM contest, it would likely be a minimal change and not require tons of knowledge.

And those who like the idea of doing an event contest, cheer to show your support! Victory

So give me a tally!
Hello  - ASM contest
Victory  - event contest

YOU CAN BE INTERESTED IN BOTH. Other ideas are always welcome!
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
No love for a spriting contest?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Obliviscence
(07-11-2016, 12:26 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: No love for a spriting contest?

I'm absolutely ok with spriting contests. Just nobody brought it up before now...

Surprised - for spriting contest...
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

"The Mind that lies fallow but a single Day, sprouts up in Follies that are only to be killed by a constant and assiduous Culture."
- Joseph Addison, "The Spectator"  Confused
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Victory Surprised 

I could do events... for the spriting contest I'd be a spectator, ofc. But it'd be nice to see as well.

ASM is something I'm interested in but have yet to learn anything, so...
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I might go for ASM and/or events one day, but for the moment i guess i'll just lurk around this thread...
(i'll call myself out from spriting: it would be too much easy getting the first place for me Kappa! )

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
If a spriting contest happened, I wouldn't participate. Unless the sprite is not gonna be used in my edit. I have a issue regarding theft of things, which is why I only let FF6Fanatic recieve a copy of "one" of my sprites.

For events, all I can do is describe ideas, but I cannot put them into action cause I cannot figure out how to edit event animations. I try and idk what to do when zone doctor redirects me to memory location for animations...
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
@Scarab there isn't much to worry where the community members are concerned, but like Madsiur noted there are unregistered guests who we can't really keep track of. So there's that as well.

I think the sprite contest would be for new sprites created in the course of the contest, is that right B-Run?

On a side note, I can't do events with ZoneDoctor either, only directly through hex. I could help you with that sometime if you want.
  Find