Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Community Event Submissions

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Welcome to the FF6hacking.com Community Events Forum!

This is where you want to be. This section of the site is where we will be planning, organizing, and sometimes executing community-driven events. I wanted to create a place on the forum specifically for activities that bring us together. When I ran the 15th Man Project a few years ago, that was some of the most active I ever saw the boards... and that's what I want to see more of. Community is the reason I'm here, community is the reason I stream, and community is the very best way to keep the site healthy.

While I'm getting spun-up on some things for this section of the forum, I want to hear from you guys. In this thread I want to hear about what kinds of community events you are interested in. Whether as a host or a participant... what kinds of things would you like to see in the community. These are things that are done together... collaboration projects, streams, and challenge events are examples of this. Maybe you have an idea but are worried about getting support, maybe you don't have anything you'd like to be in charge of but would love to participate in something, maybe you have a pseudo-idea and are looking for advice... tell us!

Post any kind of activity here you'd like to see in the community. We want to hear you're ideas.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
There'S two thing I'd like to see: Randomizer races and coding / event contests.

First the races: There's a decent amount of people that want to race. It's already discussed in other threads but having someone organizing one would be ideal. We can have a round of 4 and god if we're 6 or 8 we can do semi-finals and finals. The hardest thing is getting everyone on a timeslot.

Second the contests: We have at least 3 coders (seibaby, me and you) and at least 4 event guys (me, you, Gi Nattak, Kugawattan). The idea is someone not really familiar with ASM or event comes with an idea and we have a certain amount of time to finish the task (2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours...). In case two people or more finish, we analyze the code optimization and make sure the code is bugfree to determinate the winner. In case of an event contest, the fastest person could win.

I don't have any idea of collaboration project except maybe reviving the 15th man project? It's a serious decision and I'm not sure I could collaborate as much as I would like.

Finally, in the same spirit of the contest, small ASM or event tasks but we stream our monitor while writing the event in the hex editor or using the assembler. A sort of live contest where people can watch you compete. Dunno if that would be popular...
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Tenkarider (05-22-2016)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I could participate in an event contest as well, although not an ASM contest.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Obliviscence
You do events tho, right?
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
"Event Guy" lolllllllll Madsiur, I'm a spriter, not a Event guy!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-22-2016, 03:56 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: "Event Guy" lolllllllll Madsiur, I'm a spriter, not a Event guy!

You modify event it's enough. With practice it could add flavor to your hack. New sprites + new events = new game experience!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I would definitely like to see races and challenges too. I am hoping to get something organized soon. I know there's a randomizer race already being planned by Tenka, right?
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Well, planned is a big word but yeah, i pull my efforts to make happen BC races and use that thread to gather all racers schedules, etc.
Anyway after a day is decided i'd gladly allow you to officially announce the date/hour of the race, through this sub-forum... said from you should be more official i think.  Smile

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
Here's an idea that seemed to pick up steam in discord over the last hour as we all basically laughed at a terrible fandub m06 showed us.

We could do better.

Some ideas were tossed around about a community fandub project, that's right! What was proposed were any of the following:

1) RotDS fandub

2) Actually good vanilla fandub

3) some sort of machinima (this is a romhacking community afterall!)

Since I've something of an interest in video editing, Ive already volunteered to handle that aspect.

The process is pretty simple, decide on what (if anything) we do, and then assign role(s) to anyone interested in being a part of this. All you need is a voice, discord and a microphone. To minimze tedious filesharing, all audtions/recording sessions would just be done in discord and I can capture the audio straight to my desktop. Ideally short videos would be periodically released to the site's youtube channel.

Any thoughts?
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Jackimus for this post:
  • madsiur (07-02-2016), SSJ Rick (06-29-2016)

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
@Jackimus
I'd sure like to see such a project, sounds a lot of fun. I don't have a microphone and would probably prefer to watch from the sidelines (sorta busy w/ my hack too), but I think the idea definitely has merit.

One thing that should probably be decided on is how serious the whole thing will be -- if it's more of a do it for kicks or something aimed at high standards of quality (or anything in between). In any case, making sure everyone involved has similar expectations of it and is on the same wavelength, etc.

I'd vote for a vanilla fandub, but if I think of other cool possibilities I'll post it here. Smile
  Find