Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Desperation+ Patch

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Chicken
What about something similar to a simplified version FFXII Quickenings, where once unlocked the attack could be done at any time at the cost of a large percentage of MP?
Maybe still limited to once per battle?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Only downside is that sounds pretty much exactly like an Esper Summon though.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Chicken
Hmm, true enough, I only mentioned maybe keeping it to once per battle to maintain the "desperation" aspect.
Also, I don't mean a high MP cost like with the espers, I meant a literal percent of whatever the users max mp is, whether it's 1/3, 1/2, or even 2/3, heck it could be all of a users mp to use one attack if it's powerful enough.
Although I do see a problem with this idea being how easy it is to get mp back with Osmose in ff6, kinda negating any weight that might be carried by spending so much mp.

Of course this is just an idea, making it like the FF7 limits is probably a better idea for keeping it regulated anyway.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yeah, it could work better if Osmose is nerfed, but not every hacker wants to design their game like that, and some may not even be truly aware of how OP Osmose is. I can see randoms falling constantly to every character using a Quickening on their first turn depending on how they are balanced.

Either way, always good to brainstorm. Smile

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Make it cost HP to use a desperation attack, or even KO the user completely for the rest of the fight. Sure, could still be abused, go into a boss fight and literally throw bodies at the enemy but would get old having to revive your party after every fight because you spammed desperation attacks.

Maybe some sort of timer that cuts HP by half after using one for x amount of time. As in they have to recover after doing something so drastic. Sure would use resources to do something like that, but would limit how often they were useful. Of course the concept of having to let a PC recover after a death would be sort of appealing by itself, run a complete injury system. Little big of a jump for a project goal of making the desperation system usable though. Just an idea.

Still a fan of costing HP though, look at it like hitting 7777 hp in FF7. Great attack, 1hp afterwards.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find