Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spell animation event document (incomplete)

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I put an incomplete list of spell animation events on Google Drive. You can look at it here; if you request access, I'll give it to you. To be clear, that means I'm trusting you not to mess it all up.

I put it on Google Drive because I've already put a lot of work into figuring out what's in it so far, so I'd really appreciate some help filling the entire list and writing it all up in a way developers can understand. When this is done, the next step is to write a disassembly of the animation event script code, which is located at D0/0000 in the ROM.

Madsiur, I think some of the information that's already in this list should help shed a bit of light on some of the RAM addresses not included in your incomplete RAM map. I really appreciate what's there, it's been very useful for my patches, but we'll definitely need more in order to nail this.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-08-2016, 01:43 AM)13375K37CH3R Wrote: When this is done, the next step is to write a disassembly of the animation event script code, which is located at D0/0000 in the ROM.

I have not yet looked at your document but Everything has already made a bank $D0 disassembly. Not all commands have a proper definition but there's enough to understand the scripts. I've put it in the FF3us documents wiki page: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:doc:game

Hopefully we can cross-reference or combine findings made by you and Everything to have a complete or near-complete document.
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Wow, that's amazing what he's done... It kind of gives me the sense that he's been holding out on us. He should be the one writing the event descriptions, I think. But that's just my personal opinion.

Anyway, this is awesome, and I feel like it'll be a huge help going forward.