hey staff

the submit a new pm button is not showing up on people profiles anymore
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Quoted and reposted in the "Forum Bug Thread" for easier tracking.

On another note, not sure if its a "bug" or feature, but the search tools seems to be searching Tags the same as Titles. Not worth heavy investigation really, just wondering if a Tag only search option should/could be added (along with the options already of "search only titles" and "search all post". Saying it here because didn't really call it a bug but more feature oriented. And if that's the case, discusion would be required on if practical and useful.

Yet another note, not to beat the already dead horse "Activities" box more than it already has been, but does it happen to have an option to treat editing the first post as a "new" post? This could possibly cause some issues even if it does, I was just wondering. Would be handy for things like the bug thread or (again if possible) it it could only handle edits to the first post on "news" or "announcement" threads as new post and move them up the list?

Suggestions more or less, plenty of other things with higher priority. Just wanted to set the ideas before I forgot.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-02-2016, 10:08 AM)Catone Wrote: Not worth heavy investigation really, just wondering if a Tag only search option should/could be added (along with the options already of "search only titles" and "search all post". Saying it here because didn't really call it a bug but more feature oriented. And if that's the case, discusion would be required on if practical and useful.

It already exists but it's well hidden (click on a tag to access it): https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/tag.php

It will be pretty useless as long as people don't use tags when creating thread or edit old threads (first post). I should add a link to this page somewhere...

(01-02-2016, 10:08 AM)Catone Wrote: does it happen to have an option to treat editing the first post as a "new" post?

The query is based on last X postIDs (max 1 per thread). Now when you edit a post, the edit timestamp is modified but the postId remains the same. Would need investigation but indeed it would be neat. Not a top priority for now but I'll mark it as suggestion, as well as the tag search link.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Another question/suggestion, does the full reply/full edit page have a toggle to turn off displaying html on the fly? Tried editing a link today and every time I tried to click in front of it to move it down, it kept trying to open the webpage, in the text box even. Didn't see a "back" button for it opening a webpage in the text box so only option was to abort and start over. Doing quotes wanted to fight with me the other day as well. Kept trying to convert to full html mode before I was done putting it in.

So yeah, a switch to turn off active html would be nice if its not already there.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-03-2016, 09:52 AM)Catone Wrote: Another question/suggestion, does the full reply/full edit page have a toggle to turn off displaying html on the fly?

The last button on  the right of the editor is what you are looking for (next to maximize). There's no going back also since it's all Javascript, the best you can have is keep your last input intact if you press back by accident then forward.
  Find