Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
[Image: other-osohe.png] [Image: kugawattan-oshohe-ghost-happy.png]

[Image: other-osohe_portrait.png]

"Witty comment relating to the character."

Custom palette, though uses few colors which may be easily to put in.
Also, some poses have been changed around. For example, instead of blinking and angry, a happy from both sides sprite was made, since Osohe Ghosts can be both friendly and hostile.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
It's solid work, all of the sprite page is consistant, fluid.

Only suggestion is, now granted I don't know the character or the source, so your work might be 100% true. With that in mind, I think it could be improved with a little shading in the sprite. Not so much like the vanila FF6 ghost, but just a little, similar to how the portrait is, to make it look less flat.

Again, I don't know the base character, for that matter, the way it is may fit better your purpose. Just a general suggestion.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Thank you!

Yeah, the source material has very little shading, considering it's from the same game Mr. Saturns are from, who also have minimal shading.

[Image: latest?cb=20091111103933]This is what the actual ghost looks like.

Now, whether it's a good idea to shade them to keep in tone with the rest of the game or keep it more true to the original instead, I don't know.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Hrm I see what you mean about the source model having no real shading, from the looks of it, the whole game is pretty lacking in shading, at least from any one side, I'd almost say all of its shading (little as it is) has the light source dead center front, so any shading is just lightly around the edges.

With that in mind, I'd think the best thing to decide is which style is going to be YOUR style? I think James was saying FF6 sprites are shaded from... top left down? Would have to confirm that answer though, I could be mistaken. Doesn't matter if you do your own style though. Regardless, it does look good, and for it being it, yeah lack of shading would still not stand out to bad. I know that probably does't help much, but I definatly agree it is a bit of a choice rather than a requirement.

My best suggestion, put it in game, even if only as a test, and see how it compares to bystanders then go from there. Just as long as it fits with it cohorts in your hack, its good as gold.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
when i was saying that it was in regards to monsters catone. however i do agree that you need a tad more shading here.. but its your hack, and its very well done pose wise etc.

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Retro is always nice as well. I like how all your portraits have the same type of style.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Thanks you both. By the way, I somehow forgot to upload a different version I made of this sheet, where the ghost is always happy.

[Image: kugawattan-oshohe-ghost-happy.png]

Here you go. Also includes the totally-not-stretched-out Casper sprite on the blank space.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
lol that portrait though LOL

awesome mugshot man, the sprite is pretty cool too

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC