Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to remove/wedge-vicks and m. tek armor?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-16-2015, 08:15 PM)URNext7634 Wrote: Oh ok lol. Kind stupid about the header lol. Thanks!

Just remove it. It will simplify your life. Just remove the first 200h bytes (mostly 00) in the hex editor or use a tool like this one.

SNES headers serve no purpose, except some patches require one in order to patch correctly.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Is this what it should look like?

[Image: 7xC6NoX.png]

[EDIT] BTW, I have not removed the header yet Wink

[EDIT2] Will removing the header screw up the code/changes i have made? i don't thinks so but just checking, I never dealt with much hex stuff in super metroid hacking.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-16-2015, 08:25 PM)URNext7634 Wrote: Is this what it should look like?

No, you need to dummy the event commands parameters as well. Most event commands have parameters. If you look at the event command list, you can see command 7F. The number after the command number (3) tells how much bytes long the command is (including command byte). In other words, you should have a continuous string of FD:

Code:
7F : 3    : Change actor in slot A to default name B.

(07-16-2015, 08:25 PM)URNext7634 Wrote: Will removing the header screw up the code/changes i have made?

No.
  Find

Status
None
Ok, where do I stop with the FDs? do I do it like this?

[Image: ulBTdBK.png]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
You need to stop before the event bit setting at CA/5E7E. Also, you would need to leave the party setting up command at CA/5E6B (4 bytes).

On a side note, using an empty command like FD works to "erase" part of an event as long as you don't code FD for a specific purpose, but I'm much more a supporter of either using the call command B2 followed by a FE or even better completely removing the event part you don't need (with copy/paste feature WindHex seriously lack of). In the end, the result is the same and for a beginner the FD approach is good.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I think actually in this case the 3C set up party command could be left out since Terra would be the only character being created and placed into the party, and it would put her in the 1 spot. Wouldn't hurt to keep it in however. One thing I notice from your pic there is you left out the 2nd part of command 46 (make party 1 the current party), it should be 46 01. Keep in mind there's more to a command than just the first initial byte in a lot of cases. Also at CA/5E7B (the byte that's highlighted), the 0F 08 00 should be FD'd as well, since that is part of the previous command to give character 0F (Biggs) Magitek status. Also take out those 0E 20's, not just the 40...

So yeah just FD everything from CA/5E49 to CA/5E7E, as a continuous string like Madsiur said, and just keep in the 46 01, and possibly the 3C 00 FF FF FF set up party command.

And I went back and edited my first post/answer a bit in case you didn't see, saying that you will also need to edit the other instances of Biggs and Wedge events in Narshe or it will freeze, since they are erased from the party now. If your planning on going through Narshe still that is, with your hack. So for testing this, you might want to go and edit/FD remove the all the Biggs and Wedge actions and whatnot on the cliff first starting at CC/9910, or else at that part it will freeze.

Also, as Madsiur mentioned, it might be worth checking out Zone Doctor (tools section), which is basically an updated version of the level editor that includes an event editor as well, if editing events via hex editing becomes too much of a chore. I much prefer hex editing event to using Zone Doctor personally, once you get the hang of it - but since you are just starting out, it might be worth taking a look.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I'm using zonedocter now Smile I like it! In my hack about 95% of narshe will have changed lol, and I will not be keeping most narshe events.

I'm not sure I understand what you guys are telling me. could you please demonstrate with a picture or something? (I don't want you doing everything for me, but this is pretty confusing at first.)

I tried to do it again but it didn't work.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I can confirm it doesn't work with ZoneDoctor. Also, I get an error when I reopen the ROM with the editor. However it works manually, I loaded the intro after modifying this:

[Image: glu1WkS.png]

Now in your case, you're skipping right to Narshe. If you modify nothing in that event, You'll have 3 Terra riding a magitek armor. The Narshe Event start at CC/9A4F. Try modifying little by little and test as you go. I suggest you do your modifications manually as ZoneDoctor doesn't seems to be the most stable editor.
  Find

Status
None
Hey Madsiur, I have been trying around some more and I still cant get it to work..... I'm still trying though.

Great, just great I will be gone for like 4 hours Tongue I won't be around for a bit.

[EDIT] Ok I still cant find a solution.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Cant find a solution to what exactly, what troubles are you experiencing? Have you inputted the FDs in the correct place as shown in the pic? It does work, Biggs and Wedge are not added to the party and the Magitek status is not present in battle. Yes there will be the need for further editing to erase the other 2 copies of Terra and also remove that Magitek armor on the map (see below), many FDs starting at CC/9910 for the cliff stuff, and then a lot more in Narshe, but this much should be working. For the cliff stuff etc. you will basically want to find the instances of anything character 0E and 0F (Biggs and Wedge) and FD that as well. And also the 44 place character on magitek armor command.

You'll probably wanna remove this also: CA/5E92: AA Show intro with Magitek Armor walking through snowfields.

Pic of all the FD it took for cliff and town start:
[Image: fSbRGQ3.png]
I removed various text boxes here, so don't copy it exactly, just showing as an example...I mean I'm not sure what exactly you'll want to do.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.