Poll: What is your favorite aspect of FF6 hacking?
This poll is closed.
Animation changes 7.14% 3 7.14%
Dialogue changes 9.52% 4 9.52%
Coding (ASM) 19.05% 8 19.05%
Event creation/modification 14.29% 6 14.29%
Spriting 14.29% 6 14.29%
AI scripting 7.14% 3 7.14%
Map editing 7.14% 3 7.14%
Music 11.90% 5 11.90%
Other general editing 9.52% 4 9.52%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite aspect of FF6 hacking

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 55
Status
Tissue-aware
What is your favorite aspects of FF6 hacking? In other words, which part(s) do you enjoy hacking the most?

You can vote for more than one choice!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Are you talking about which parts we enjoy to hack ourselves, or which things we enjoy seeing in hacks in general?

I based my vote on the latter. This is, if it even shows up, the poll just space-time warped out of existence when I hit vote and didn't seem to add my votes to anything.

EDIT: There we go, I got it to take.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 55
Status
Tissue-aware
I meant which part do you enjoy hacking the most. I specified it in the OP.

Now there's something broken with polls, either if the poll is not on portal page or you don't vote from portal/index page, the vote(s) won't show up.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Whoops, guess I didn't read that closely enough.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I'd like to put almost everything, but music takes forever to be finished; dialogues most of the times means full game hack and so tracking down dialogues among thousands elements(and i don't know the exact position of each map dialogue in the list) ; events are great, but just thinking at moving many actors at the same time and fragmenting their queue in tons of little queue for each step... ;[
Finally the map is even more great, but i start a fight with the editor just to place properly layer 1 and 2 on a 4x4 tile piece of map Laugh

PS. while among choices i also voted spriting, inside that choice it's not included actors sprites, i definitively like most static ones, like monsters. Tongue

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 155
Status
Nattak\'d
Event and music! I hope to add coding to my repertoire someday but my brain doesn't seem to grasp programming or assembly, or anything that involves that horrible four letter word: math. But, maybe someday. Coding is what romhacking is all about after all, who wouldn't wanna make their own custom skills and core changes without having to ask someone else to do it lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I like Animations Change, since it is fairly easy to do and the results are good in general.

Dialogue changes give a new taste to the FF6 Hacking, they make someone to not get bored of the hack.

I also enjoy changing sprites from time to time Laugh. AI Scripting is my favorite aspect of FF6 Hacking, through. I have done numerous boss hacks and custom enemies until now.
Map editing is hard for me, since the editors work kind of slow for me, but new maps are received very good among gamers. I hope I can do Event Editing someday, but I don't have the time to do this now.

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I suppose I'm best at spriting when it comes to hacking, but I love creating custom spells as well

making recolors of monsters is pretty fun too, I've barely dabbled in event editing but I plan on getting more on board with that

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
For me, I like spriting because I can change the characters in a game that never really clicked with me as a kid. I liked FFIV better than FF6 but editing tools allow me to change the story and some of the characters that I am not a big fan of in the game into something useful. I also like changing dialogue to make a new story, make your own characters and give personality to them and make a new storyline.
  Find