Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kefka as a playable character?

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hey people,I'm not a big fan of the Final Fantasy franchise,but I know how good it is and respect everyone who likes it,anyway,the only Final Fantasy game I ever liked was Final Fantasy 6,such as history,as gameplay,and manly the characters,in special ;[ Kefka,my favorite villain on game history Laugh ,so...I aways knew that there's a way where you can actually play as Kefka in gameplay,but I never could find this way,if anyone knows it,please tell me,if anyone have already hack the game and create a hack where you play as Kefka or even you play his own story,Please,please tell me...(also sorry for my english)
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I haven't heard of a Kefka hack that is centered on him as a story. Adding him to your game just for the sake of having him on your team would be easy to do but would require you to do some hacking yourself.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
The quickest fix would be to replace Terra's sprite with Kefka's (with a couple of modifications), and you could at least play around with it. Of course, that wouldn't be much of a game.

A more comprehensive hack hasn't been made for Kefka unfortunately. FedoraJoe did a pretty good job with Leo, but there's nothing for Kefka right now.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • Iug2.7.9 (03-31-2015)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Wondering if TC is maybe thinking about some game genie/shark code that enables you to swap his sprite in. Only other thing I can think of is from Angelo's video/event he did a while back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxzE8UUzQc

Kefka does deserve to have his own hack though, and I'm rather surprised it's not been done to any degree yet after so many years of the FF6 hacking community being around. But, then again there aren't really that many complete hacks out there in general either... Angelo was making some progress on a couple other smaller mini-hacks that used a legit Kefka, but sadly he has since seemed to retire from the hacking scene. =/ So all hope of seeing those are gone.

For those that might be curious about them he started on a scene where Kefka attacks the Returner's Hideout, and basically kills the returners and sets fire to the place, instead of them all being alive and well per vanilla which doesn't make much since, since they were about to be attacked and needed to escape so quickly... And the other one was the Narsh Battle but from the complete opposite perspective of playing as the Empire. That one didn't get very far either, but was looking cool.

Also TC for future references this kind of post shouldn't be posted in the 'Personal Projects' forum. If you were to start a serious Kefka hack of your own however, it would be the right place. Been moved to 'Hacking Discussion'.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Iug2.7.9 (03-31-2015), SSJ Rick (03-31-2015)

Status
None
I actually tried to create the hack,but i'm too busy,and in my freetime I play or relax a little,also I basicly can't do anything on that editors,it's so confuse for me :c

Lockirby2 I saw that hack by randown,like,has been years since I don't come to this site,because that's exacly what I searched,a Kefka hack,I give up that time and would have give up now if wasn't for that hack,I just love it,Shadows death for me was saddest than he's 2 deaths on normal final fantasy,also is better than Leo's death,not that was bad,but they kill a character that still on development :/ anyway,when I saw this hack,I just think in a guy just like me,searching for a hack but instead of Kefka was Leo,and finally find it,so I think "If they can do this Leo hack,they can do a Kefka hack as well"
And so here I am,this is more like a request than a actual search,I don't care if is about Kefka's past,during the actual game's story or if is about an alternative ending where he wins,I just need that hack,I dunno I dunno...I'm just realy drepress because I finally buy a PSP after so many years,just so I could play FF dissidia,but the Kefka I saw there wasn't the same as I remember of the ff6 :c
If anyone can,please make this hack,Please.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
A Good Kefka Hack in a nutshell...
1. Have Terra and Kefka switch roles from heroine to villainess and villain to hero.
2. Replace Leo with one of the main characters, Locke, Edgar, Sabin...whoever.
3. Replace Leo's main storyline with Edgar or Locke or someone like that.
4. Come up with a story...get some inspiration, read some stories or watch some movies to let the creative juices flow. Why does Kefka want to save the world? What are the other character roles, is there a love story between party members? What relationships between the characters can you show? Who is the bad guy, what's his reason for messing the world up? Look for sprite sheets on the site for some other party members to replace the main roster.
5. Come up with some entertaining dialogue.
6. Change the abilities and weapons Kefka uses like Magic, Weapons among others.
7. Learn how to use the editors FF3usME and FF3se, they are your best friends. Look for tutorials for them on youtube and watch those for some guidance, you won't make a Kefka hack without them.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Ah I don't know about that one, a good Kefka hack for me would be to be able to control him as a sick evil villain still, as his normal self in other words. Filling in the gaps in between the normal FFVI events. Or a prequel of him growing up that leads up to his current state, or a combo of both. I doubt the TC was wanting to play him as a hero doing what the FF6 good guys were trying to do (save the world)...But to each is own!

A hero/villain swap hack for him just seems kinda lame imo compared to what can be done, and I doubt anyone would like Kefka because he is trying to save the world. Your idea would be much easier for a beginner to complete though and probably could come out decent if enough was done with it. Maybe he could keep his crazy evil attitude and still have some reason to save the world, if that's what you mean. Although I can't imagine what it'd be.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
CrumpledMedal Kefka become one of the good guys would be lame,it wouldn't be Kefka anymore...
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Possible reasons for Kefka to save the world?

A: Gesthal's dieing words, you can't rule the world if there is no world.
B: Because its easier to make people suffer if they are alive.
C: So he could kill everybody himself.

If any of those are the case, you could actually, fairly easy switch Celes for Kefka. (It wouldn't be hard to tell a story where Celes goes nuts). Locke saves Kefka (instead of Celes) in South Figaro to interrogate him. He joins the party for revenge against Celes for taking his role of crazy killer. For the Opera... eh, I could see Kefka dressing in dress and singing... or just burn the whole place down first. Get to the World of Ruin, go recruit everybody back with the ruse of "saving the world", but really just because Kefka wants to be the one doing the killing.

It could work.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
None
Ok,i'll try one more time...if I really can't do this hack I'll ask someone to help me
  Find