Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Afterglow
I owned 3 RPGs from my childhood:

Final Fantasy 6
Earthbound
Mystic Quest

I loved all of them in their own ways and I've played them the most out of any other RPGs.  I just keep playing them from beginning to end.  

Mystic Quest I always found to be quite charming.  The music is particularly catchy and fun to listen to. (It's a shame there aren't more Mystic Quest songs than Mount Gale for Final Fantasy 6 patches because I would use them.)  I loved the innovative way that monsters and bosses would change states depending on how damaged they were (Something I've never seen in any RPGs at the time.  Pazuzu was my particular favorite.)  I also like the overworld ability to activate switches and overcome obstacles with your weapon and thought it was a neat addition.

Despite that people complain that the Hero is constantly weaker than the allies and it becomes hand holding, I really don't mind.  In fact to see an upcoming hero start at level 1 with only a thin blade and cheap mail slowly acquire magic and element resisting equipment and gear until he becomes that hero he was destined to be was a good direction to take in my opinion. (It's Kind of like in Megaman X that Zero tells him that one day X will be a strong hero, and eventually does.) Hello

...Granted the writing in general was terrible, the plot was cliche, and the characters were 2 dimensional, but I like to think of it as a ride through an amusement park, going through the "attractions" (Towns,Dungeons,etc) and  taking a piece of it with you.  That's what the game means to me.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
The game has similar design to Final Fantasy Legend 3 which is made by the same team who made FF Mystic Quest. It's a decent game with great music, worthy of being in a game collection.

Find