Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Set party lead character - Events

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
First question: How do I change the lead party character?
As in, I've done the check to see if the character is in the party, but how can I set that character as lead of party?(shown on screen)

Second question: How do I go about taking a character from the current party, have them step out of the group, and do their own actions?
Do I have to use a seperate npc, then remove that pc from the party?

I can't remember an event that happens like this in either case (not saying its not done I just cant remember it) and the ones I thought did something along these lines look way to complicated for just setting the lead or making a character run off. Well, that does knida happen before sabin jumps off the water fall but I really dont remember any dialog there to find it either.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I did something similar to this in BNW (having all four characters spread out) and used some other event as a template, though for the life of me I can't remember which one. It might have been picking up Setzer's note in Owzer's house just before going to the Opera House.

For a single character acting away from the party, you could check the event where Shadow leaves the party after beating AtmaWeapon. The dialogue nearby should be something to the effect of "I sold my skills to the Empire" I believe.

Anyway, here's the logic behind how I did it:

Code:
Load caseword with characters in current party
Check for a certain character (let's call them Jimbo to avoid spoilers), as well as a certain key item
If both are present...
Call CA/C6AC (I don't remember why/if this was necessary; it probably saves the current party configuration)
Call CB/2E34 (this is necessary so the characters spread out and rejoin properly)
Set up the party with Jimbo and 3 empty slots (I'm pretty sure this has the dual effect of making them the lead, at least temporarily)
Move characters $32, $33, and $34 to where I want them (those correspond to the characters in slots 2, 3, and 4 in the party, making $31 the lead)
Perform whatever actions I wanted
Move characters $32, $33, and $34 back to the tile the lead character is standing on
Call CB/2E2B (so the player can't walk through impassable tiles, I'd imagine)
Call CA/CB95 (removes the other three characters from the map)

I can give you the raw bytes I used for the whole event as well if you need, though those shouldn't be too hard to find.

I'm not sure if this actually changes the lead character to Jimbo - I'd have to check my test save, but it's on my laptop which I don't have handy at the moment.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Zombie
Thanks for the info, those two events should cover what I was looking for.

I had figured it was gonna take something like that, guess I had just hoped it didnt mean disbanding the party and rebuilding afterwards. Maybe what is throwing me off most is, well it seems like there is a ton of extra stuff in there.

Alright lets see if I can explain this one.

Subroutine at CA/C6AC spawns the full party,in a pile but all are shown.
Subroutine at CA/C770 does something similar just without showing them all.

Errr... well I think I understand the process well enough to make it happen. The issue at this point is, I'm trying to talk to a moving NPC. Meaning I don't know which direction to move the other party members because I can't be exact on where your starting the dialog at. So, I tried to cut the process down by not showing the other members, just setting (in this case Setzer) to slot 0 in the party, then show/refresh.

Well, I managed to get it half working by using the first subroutine then setting party with characters 09,FF,FF,FF then hiding 32-34 leaving only Setzer showing. Actualy didnt have to rebuild the party proper after dialog which was a surprise but... problem? He insist on always facing away from the npc he should be talking to no matter where you start from.

So, since simple and easy didnt work... will just have to go all the way, and take that frustration on poor old Setzer. He's gonna have to earn his prize now.

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
If you have room to expand the event a little, you could check the bits that determine which way you're facing when the event starts then force Setzer to face that way.

Code:
1B0 B6:0 Facing up
1B1 B6:1 Facing right
1B2 B6:2 Facing down
1B3 B6:3 Facing left

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Zombie

Heh, lol... damn I really feel stupid now.

I know those bits, I used them in the auction house. Then used them AFTER I rewrote this to fully spread the party out... and never once thought of using those bits with the first method involving only Setzer... wow...

Anyway, that does fix the next issue I was about to run into, oh well back to plan A!

Thanks for the help, again.

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Lol, usually plan A exists just for fail and make say: "ok, we got to go with Plan B " Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find