Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Terra Hybrid Style sprite sheet

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This sprite sheet is intended as a very tame combination between the vanilla style of Terra's in-game appearance, as well as Amano's artwork and more current depictions, such as in Dissidia and the iOS re-release sprites. It is intended to preserve the unique art within the original game, while also serving as an alternative to the random and out-of-place leotard, outfitted with pauldrons she has in the vanilla game.

[Image: ff6-terra_hybrid.png]

[Image: ff6-terra_hybrid_animation_1.png]

[Image: ff6-terra_hybrid_legs.png]

Specific changes in Terra's sprite sheet include:

-Differently styled, more humble shoulder pauldrons decreased in size.
-Red sleeves beginning between the biceps and elbows, and ending at the knuckles.
-A pink/purple silk band around the waist, as in the iOS re-release.
-More distinct hair pattern on the back of her ponytail, meant to lightly evoke the strong, curly hair depicted in her artwork.
-Overall less stray, black pixels along the sprite's outline, making it subtly appear a bit more sleek.
-Small red earrings! Only one pixel in size, but still there.
-Different, somewhat more feminine arms that are closer to the body, without being overly "girly", pronounced, and thin.
-Overall more consistent visuals. For example, in the original sprite sheet, Terra's red wristbands seem to like disappearing when preparing a spell in combat. This sprite fixes small inconsistencies like that.
-Terra's "anger" emote now changes her eye color to red. As does her "prepping up" animation for a physical attack, or defending in combat. A small detail I thought maybe would be cool.
-Included are both halves of Terra's unique sprite in the game's ending, after pulling off her hairband and letting her long hair fly free on the Falcon. However, to the best of my knowledge, these two sheets can only be examined using the general FF6 editor; FF3usME.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions with these.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it isn't a bad edit at all

nice job

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I enjoy this edit, while subtle as it is it really sports some nice changes. I would choose it over the original for sure. Welcome to the site btw!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Much better looking than her original sheet, I never really liked this character much but appearance-wise this makes her look more human, than the mage-warrior stuff she has in her original.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Nice job! I'll be using this for my hack. I'll credit you!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
This is fantastic. I would also like to use this for Brave New World, if it's all right.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
You guys absolutely have full permission to use this sprite. So long as you point towards this thread for credit!
  Find

Status
None
would it be ok if I do a rework based off this remake?

I created a sprite sheet of Terra in a dress, I'd like to do something similar based off this version if that's alright

I'll absolutely credit you of course that goes without saying lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Sure sure, do what you want with it
  Find

Status
None
I appreciate it thank you very much

-HNIC