Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gogo's Status Screen Command List

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I've made the Jump command into a regular command (like Steal, Dance, etc) and Gogo can equip it. But now "um" appears on every status screen like this: umMag.Pwr.. 26. The um is part of Jump. I can equip Jump perfectly and it works, so this is merely an aesthetic error. Does anyone know how to make Jump appear bellow Rage when selecting a command for Gogo instead of it appearing on the left side of the screen on the status screen?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Don't know if it would help, but there is a patch called: "Select any commamd" that allowed everybody to change their commands like Gogo and added all commands to the list. Not all of them showed but were all there.

Might be able to look it up and with some reverse engineering and find a solution in regards to placement of the extra commands, maybe. Sorry that I cant offer better assistance.

*Edit* Based on the readme in HatZen08's patch below, with his patch and some minor tweaking shouldn't be that hard at all to reach your goal.

BTW, nice patch HatZen08.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
The setting of commands in Gogo's screen is based on the commands of all characters, with few exceptions. The algorithm begins at C3/5DC1. It verifies all character commands, probably except for Gogo and guests, and add them to Gogo's list. The list doesn't have a fixed order for the commands. When the command is found by the algorithm, it is added to Gogo's list without care about sorting.

You can try the extra mimic slot patch (click here) if you need a static setting for Gogo's commands. Otherwise, it will always be dynamically build based on the commands found in others characters.

I suspect the string pointer for the jump command, or the string itself, was corrupted somehow. It probably is unrelated with Gogo's list of commands, especially if you found garbage where the “jump” string should be displayed.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
(02-04-2015, 07:17 AM)catone Wrote: Don't know if it would help, but there is a patch called: "Select any commamd" that allowed everybody to change their commands like Gogo and added all commands to the list. Not all of them showed but were all there.

Link?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Okay, turns out it not as easy to find as I had thought. If I can't find it on the net later I'll get a link. I've still got the full zip saved somewhere.

I usualy keep it on my personal game just because.... yep I'm a cheating bastard and it always seemed to have no impact outside of changing commands.

Select Any Command Patch

I don't remember where I found it, and can't seem to stumble across it again so here's the copy of the patch I had saved.

Per the included ReadMe:
Created by: Michael Springer (T. Geiger)
For: Non-headered V1.0 or V1.1 - N.American
Effect: Allows all characters menu commands to be changed from status screen (like Gogo) and allows any of 30 commands to be picked. (Last 16 commands not displayed, but accessable)

For further information, view the readme naturally. If anybody knows a reason I shouldn't uh... "share"? this file, or if anybody does know where this file is at, let me know.
Only posted it because I mentioned it and was ask.
*edit*
I'm a goober(as if we needed more proof). A link to Geiger's page and patches, including this one, can be found by clicking "links" from the main page. Didn't check if anything was still downloadable but thats where it is at just FYI.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find