Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFIV:TAY on PC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I've found a way (I'm sure it's already been done, but no one taught me this so here I am teaching anyone who doesn't know.) to emulate Wii games. Of course most emulators can't emulate Wii games to their full extent (100%) because of the graphics, although they can emulate graphically simpler games like Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.
Here are the following steps to play FFIV:TAY+ All DLC on your PC. Also, this was written for a compotent person who knows what they're doing.
Ie, how torrents work and atc.

Step 1.
Download the rom here.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4944823/...WiiWare%5D

Step 2.
Download the emulator here.
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php

Step 3. (Optional Step)
Download "Joy2Key" or "XPadder".
Joy2Key is a program which is meant to bind your keyboard/mouse keys to a joypad/joystick. It's fairly easy to understand and I won't be writing how to set it up.
XPadder is a similar program, just easier to use which accomplishes the same goal as Joy2Key.

Once all three basic steps are complete, you need to extract the FFIV:TAY rom from it's download folder to where the Dolphin Gamecube/Wii emulator is.
Once that's complete, load the rom in the emulator and start playing. The reason "Step 3" even exists is because in the current revision of this emulator, it doesn't support Joypads. It shows the icon and "Configure Buttons", but won't allow you to assign button-keys to those buttons. Therefor, Joy2Key is essential, but not required to play.
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
err zeemis when i do this it says many things but i havent set a wii controller and theres no options any idea?

Find

Status
None
Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I'm pretty sure providing the ROM is illegal. It should probably just say "Step 1: Download a ROM someplace". That's how most hacking guides I've read deal with it.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
(09-25-2010, 09:04 PM)Lilfut Wrote: Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I'm pretty sure providing the ROM is illegal. It should probably just say "Step 1: Download a ROM someplace". That's how most hacking guides I've read deal with it.

It is not his ROM that he is showing. It is a ROM and such found on a torrent site which prevents anyone from taking it down. And talking about stick-in-the-mud; why bother saying stuff like that on a site called "Final Fantasy VI Hacking " ?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Be sure and delete your ROM's after 24 hours guys, or ELSE!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Traitor
(09-25-2010, 09:04 PM)Lilfut Wrote: Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I'm pretty sure providing the ROM is illegal. It should probably just say "Step 1: Download a ROM someplace". That's how most hacking guides I've read deal with it.

I have linked to thousands of roms all over the internet and nothing happens. It's all bullshit, nothing ever comes up with legal issues. I suppose if a legality issue ever did (that's a big if) then I'd just remove the links. Most forum admins like to support the "no linking to roms" rule just to be stick-in-the-mids. Nothing ever comes up with legally.
Don't take this the wrong way as sarcasm or being rude, I'm just saying.
  Find

Status
None
zeemis ther are eror:

Error loading Plugins/Plugin-GCpdanew.dll:can´t read info.
Can´t init any PAD plugins.
Couldn´t init the core Check yo configuration.

I need HELP!

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
zeemis he need help! plz help him!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Status
None
Well, I personally don't download ROMs unless I own the game in some form (just an ethical thing). Just makes me a little uncomfortable is all.

Status
Traitor
You sir are definently on the wrong forum then. Tongue
  Find