Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
He had no skills that would have helped in that fight.
He had fight, mimic, and Control, and I'm pretty sure Control wouldn't work on TunnelArmor. Smile
His only breakable item was a single Autocrossbow, which gave him safe.

Ahaha! In the new seed I'm watching, he was one step away from Vargas, and the Phantom Train showed up to fight him!
I thought it was hilarious when Number 128 showed up on the Phantom Train to fight me, but this takes the cake!

He's going to have fun on the Phantom Train though, apparently, Flameeater shows up. From what I saw of the previews
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Desperation attacks don't give a damn about defense parameter: they are always green to kill some weird randomization, so unless 
fight command is not available, he could still toast the tanky Tunnelarmor

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, if he felt like being really lucky. Smile Also, really hard to get Desperation attacks when your health pool isn't big enough to make them trigger before you die. Smile

I'm not going to go hop in a time machine, go back and tell him to rely on Desperation attacks, guys. Smile

That said, his new seed sure seems to be a lot nicer.

That reminds me, if you somehow manage to get Life 3 by the Lete River, and use it on Bannon, and he dies, does it automatically count as a game over? Or is the game somehow able to register the Life 3?
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Oh, I completely forgot about those. One would almost certainly be enough. And if it weren't, can you Mimic Desperation Attacks? I don't actually know, to be honest. Additionally, I believe the Life 3 would trigger. I have Life 3 as a command in my current seed, so it's certainly possible to have at that point in the game, though it belongs to Cyan, so I couldn't test it.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
I don't know, maybe. I've had a Whelk with under 1000 HP, so I think a Tunnelarmor with over 4000 HP might not be impossible.
Then again, I was also the guy who had a Whelk who was completely immune to Hyperdrive for some reason.

I think at low levels, Desperation attacks wont' do over 3500.

Oh, and really, does anyone know why Ultros' message when he attacks Banon is. "You..you frighten me!"
Banon isn't that ugly.

Ah. Thank you, about the Life 3, it's nice to know the game has coding checks even for that early for Life 3.

Oh, okay, W-Snare is a thing. How does that work?
Okay, so, I see, that it spams Snare, and apparently, Snare can miss, and then hit the target the next time it's used.

Wow.
W-Snare must be as silly as Joker Doom in the base game. Since that works on everything, and I think it is still survivable on your party, if you have life 3.

Wait, W-Snare does not work on Flameeater or other bosses, so apparently it does not completely break the flags set for if something is immune to instant death.

His Gau replacement is Setzer, and he has W-Mana, which seems to do only Empowerer, or whatever the name of the HP/MP steal Cyan has.
  Find

Status
None
(12-13-2016, 03:01 AM)DavidB1111 Wrote: I didn't realize that the running away was hardcoded to Shadow. THat's annoying.

Good points all around, and uh, a guy I'm watching had a run ending issue himself, Tunnelarmor had literally magitek Research Facility armor values. Smile

So, his Falchion was doing about 14. Smile

I was not aware the game actually could generate a completely impossible fight there. No magic, no attacks that can bypass armor, etc.

I mean, sure, he could have spent about 30 hours grinding to be able to win the fight, but I don't blame him for killing the seed and starting over again.

I mean, you'd have to grind a long time to make that defense negligible.

Oh, hey, Quickdraw, what is your streaming platform? Hitbox, Twitch?

It's Twitch, good sir.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
despite the def bad randomization, TunnelArmr is one of the tutorial bosses, hence Abyss regulated his HP to make sure it was a feasible fight:
so he can't have more than 2000 HP, but i'd say even a range between 1300 and 1700... feasible.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Ah, I think I've got it now. That Whelk had auto-runic. Let me guess, the animation played, but nothing happened? HyperDrive can be countered by the Runic ability, but it doesn't cost any MP, so no green numbers show up afterwards.

I think at level 9 or so with 28-ish Magic, a desperation attack does about 1600 damage. I don't think it's reasonable for TunnelArmr to have 4000 damage, but I could take the data off all my seeds to get a max, min, and average value, if you want me to.

In the GBA version, that line is "Your ugly mug gives me the creeps!" I think he's trash-talking.

W-Snare is probably just back to back Snares, with equal chance of hitting both times.

W-Mana's pool consists of Empowerer, Osmose, and Rasp. Or at least, R-Mana's does. I wouldn't be surprised if W-Mana has a different pool of skills to pick from. I believe my W-Sword on this current seed I'm on does not actually have access to Quadra Slice or Quadra Slam, so I'd wager it's possible for W-Mana to have only Empowerer in its pool of skills, which is honestly better than R-Mana or W-Mana itself.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
THank you, everyone for helping me understand the various ins and outs of this randomizer. Smile

I'm glad you're all patient with my non-stop questions!

He also just ran into Number 128 in Zozo. LOL

I guess Auto-Relic is the reason for that Whelk oddness.

And yeah, if TunnelArmor had only 1500 HP or so, he could have grinded for a long time and get it done.

But then he wouldn't have the silly boss spawning hijinks like this new seed.

Also, QuikDraw7777, I just followed your Twitch channel. Here's hoping I can catch you live.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DavidB1111 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-13-2016)

Status
None
(12-13-2016, 05:03 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: THank you, everyone for helping me understand the various ins and outs of this randomizer. Smile

I'm glad you're all patient with my non-stop questions!

He also just ran into Number 128 in Zozo. LOL

I guess Auto-Relic is the reason for that Whelk oddness.

And yeah, if TunnelArmor had only 1500 HP or so, he could have grinded for a long time and get it done.

But then he wouldn't have the silly boss spawning hijinks like this new seed.

Also, QuikDraw7777, I just followed your Twitch channel. Here's hoping I can catch you live.

Haha thanks fella.

Yeah, I should have content coming up this weekend. If you look in my past broadcasts, you'll see how quite a few of my randomizer runs ended in tragedy.......the usual instrument of death being responsible - that DAMN MONSTER-IN-A-BOX!!

;[

In my "Team Green" run, I had all types of weird shenanigans....

1) Weapon Castings:
      a) Epee swords casting SHIVA.

b) Poison Rods Casting RAMUH.

note: The summon after the physical strike wasn't Multi-target. It would only attack the victim of the physical strike.

2) Rages
    a) One Rage turned my Character into an IMP with the reflect status (!?!?). Of course, he couldn't use the rage in question's alternate attack.

b) Another Rage gave me an IRREMOVABLE Stop status. Of course, that Rage went to the bottom of the bag QUICK.

3) Monsters
    a) I encountered a monster (Crawly palette swap) that had a permanent Confuse status. They appeared in packs of 3. So they just spent their turns ripping themselves and each other into shreds.

b) One monster in Zozo (Magitek armor palette swap) had access to quite a few nasty spells. Mute, Doom (!?) And even Fire 3 (!!!!). However, his body never cashed these checks his mouth made, and later I realized why:

He had the Imp status set. (Thank God)

By far the most interesting happenings that I've come across.
  Find