Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah! Well then, I guess that yeah, the double proc is causing it to glitch out.

I did enjoy getting two wind slashes in a row though on a pack of enemies. Smile
So far I like this particular seed. Nothing trolly so far, and great rages, even if two of the most powerful also give me undead status and one even casts sun bath. Tongue
  Find

Status
None
Okay, I'm trying to kill Atmaweapon on the floating continent, but he thinks it's funny to spam Meteo every other turn, and it's magical Meteo that decides it can't miss 86% of the time.

Well, I managed to kill him! He died from TekMissile's Sap ability right after casting Flare Star.

Also, can we work on the drunk super high spawning of Naughty's after the Floating Continent falls apart?
Because I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to fight a few of them, not a fight every 4 steps.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
It should be just a matter of odds: Naughty is a random encounter.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, I was just getting a bit unlucky with their encounter spam, and Atmaweapon's Meteo spam.
"I"m Meteoweapon!"
Seriously, that's what he should be called.

Umaro's replacement has Magiteck and then Tekmissile as a skill. So, I am going straight for Narshe and him ASAP. Smile
Because him with TekMissile spam, and a few levels with Mpower+2, and he's going to flat out deal 9999 to everything every turn.

Though, I am curious what happens if you bring someone with no access to magic to the Fanatics Tower.

Also, can someone please explain to me again why every time in the world of ruin, the graphics start flickering on ZSNES?
Because I don't want to sue the creator of ZSNES for causing Epileptic seizures. Smile

So, if anyone has any clue why that happens, and any clue on how to make it not exist, without a time machine, please let me know.
  Find

Status
Atma
when you are in Fanatics Tower only this stuff works:
- magic command
- item command
- mime command
- umaro

if a character is not Umaro and doesn't have any of the commands above, then the game should crush when you are in that tower
and that character gets a turn.
I think Abyss might did something to avoid this happening.

Sounds like ZSNES flickers always in that point... why torturing yourself?
Just use Snes9x as emulator instead, with it the game never flickers

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Well, the thing is, ZSNES shouldn't flicker, it doesn't make sense.
I'm looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't make sense to even exist in the first place. It's annoying.

Having to completely change over to Snes9X just to reliably play Beyond Chaos is about the same as blowing up your house to get rid of a spider, I.E an extreme solution.

Thank you for pointing out the Fanatics Tower's features. Thankfully I have some really nice magic stats on my characters.

ZSNES I've used for years upon years. Trying to switch now is as likely as you suddenly switching to using ZSNES. Smile
  Find

Status
Atma
i don't know if you experienced epileptic seizures for real, but i think that it's kinda more dangerous than a spider.
Besides if i'm not wrong you're not the first one who complained about flickering on ZSNES with FF6

about me there's absolutely no reason to change emulator into an outdated one

Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
For the record, walking into the Fanatics' Tower is like equipping a relic that changes Fight into Magic. Thus, as everyone has Fight(save possibly Gogo, and possibly the berserker), their Fight command will be changed into Magic, so the game won't crash. I believe that's Square's implementation as well, I'm almost certain that's not Abyssonym's work.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Ah, good to know, Cecil.
And Tenka, I was making a bad joke, but it's a bit annoying on my eyes.
I just want to know why it happens with ZSNES.

AS for outdated, last time I checked, both ZSNES and SNES9X haven't been worked on for years and years.
Why you hate ZSNES with Kefka level hate I don't know.
If it gets worse to my eyes, yes, I'll change, but I don't see that happening for a long time.

I'm sorry for bringing it up, it's a weird issue that doesn't make sense. I hate those types of things way too much.
Maybe if someone else uses ZSNES and doesn't get flickering in the world of ruin, I can narrow down the reasons.

I'm sure there's someone in the world besides me who uses ZSNES and plays Beyond Chaos. Smile

Also, in a lighter note, if anyone knows of a seed where you get Ragnarok esper as a command on one of your characters, let me know. Smile I want to have a bit of fun sometimes when I'm bored.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I use ZSNES to play hacks. I get flickering in a bunch of hacks, actually, not just BC.

Confused Moogles FTW