Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
well, maybe with a cursed ring attached on the guy...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah! Okay. THank you Cecil, and Tenkarider.

I was wondering why it triggered the glitch when it wasn't on an invisible enemy.
It's also amusing to see 20 different slots in an inventory filled with 0 Murderfaces. Smile

Also, I thought the cap of gold in FF6 was 999,999, but the guy I'm watching managed to sell stuff that got him nearly 5 million.
I wonder what happens if you try to buy the talking chochobo when you have more than enough money to buy it. Tongue
  Find

Status
Atma
Exactly nothing: the game just thinks the player will never buy it, no matter what

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
So, I'm playing this randomizer myself again, and my current seed, the Tempest Dirk casts a weird ability besides wind slash.
It looks like a red version of slow, like haste, when it hits, and when it activates, it makes the character with the tempest hit again with it.
I've never seen that before, is that kind of like a strange form of Haste acting like a weak quick? Smile
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Can you upload a video? Or give the seed so that I can upload a video? This sounds interesting.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
Atma
weird...?
what about the last seed stream?

Find

Status
None
I've got the seed, 6558734368, for the Tempest one. I don't think Party Party flag is going to change the tempest. Smile And it has every flag but the formation in battle changing, because for some reason that makes the battle music go away. Tongue
Unfortunately, the earliest you can get a tempest is from the Magiteck Research Facility.
If I could figure out how to record a video, I would.

It's a weird ability for certain, the being able to attack twice.

The same seed also has an enemy on the Floating Continent that thinks it's funny to counter every attack with absolute zero. Tongue
On the person who uses the attack, so if you manage to get that far, in it, you're going to have a bad day unless you have at least one ice shield. Which someone does come with.

As for the stream seed, it's still there, and barring hard drive failure, it will be there for some time to come.

I just haven't been up to streaming recently, due to a few issues with the weather here being way too hot, I live in North Carolina and sometimes it thinks it's Death Valley. Smile

But by mid october, late october, streaming is going to continue, although it might have a big boring part with lots of grinding. Tongue
  Find

Status
Prowess
Eh, I'm just going to RAM edit in a Tempest. I have no intention of actually beating the seed.

Is the katana user really Strago? That's a real pain if it is.

Eh, maybe I'll just hack in a Merit Award as well, see if that works.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Oh, yeah, i forgot, the Tempest user is Strago. Sorry.

But yeah, the merit award would probably work.
It's a weird thing. that animation. I mean, it's like it's casting slow on the enemy, but it's red and more like acting like haste and the genji glove combined or something, where you get two attacks if it procs the special ability.

The only other thing I've seen like that was a series I was watching on Youtube where the Hawk Eye came with an intrinsic Offering. Smile

If I wasn't on the Floating continent already, I'd go back and take some screenshots of it working.
  Find

Status
Prowess
I've got it now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clC2r6Fcm1c (Thank you RAM editor!)

I think just the fact that there are two different possible things to proc from it is the cause if it messing up. For some reason, the palette of mine is white instead of red, but it is definitely Slow, it even inflicts the status(Tested off video, second uses of Slow miss, like usual).

As you can see in the video, I was fortunate enough to get 2 Slow castings, leading to 3 attacks. Thus, I conclude that it has nothing to do with the Genji Glove, and I'd wager it has more to do with the possibility of 2 different castings.

Thus, that Hawk Eye is unrelated. It just has standard Offering as well(you can even see that Yui's Shuriken damage is halved when they have it equipped).

Also, sorry for the horrendous video quality. I don't recall changing any settings on it, but it seems to be worse suddenly for some reason. I'll probably get around to fixing that sometime.

Find