Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Were Umaro and Gogo in the original FFVI Japanese version?

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
NOTE: Moderators, if this is the wrong forum, please move this thread. Thankee!

Greetings, all!

I heard a rumor that Umaro and Gogo were not in the original FFVI Japanese version as playable characters. I have found no hard evidence to support this claim, and have noticed that Umaro and Gogo seem to be in FFVI Japanese and were intended to be in there from the start.

I recall the origin of this rumor being that Umaro and Gogo were characters meant to test American audiences' feelings about these kinds of characters. Umaro was very simple, straightforward, and, well, auto-attacky. Gogo was quite complicated and customizable in comparison.

Any further word on the status of these rumors?
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Not sure where that rumor started. I've never heard of it.

Gogo is a reference to a character in FFV. Umaro is a stand-in for the requesite berserker class from samesaid title, as most of the others were covered but not the berserker. That's really all there is to it.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
The rumour, wherever you heard it from, is baseless. It really wasn't until FF7 that we started adding things to games that came to us. Ruby and Emerald WEAPON, if you didn't know. But yeah, the only things changed, to my knowledge, was the censoring on monsters, to make them more... kid friendly, I suppose. lol.
  Find