* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MML Challenge: Jenova

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I must give it up to the bass line, and I'd like to think the longer noted-length trumpets and oboe, again, it's one of those combine them both and you'd have the song moments. I'd listen to them both on my Ipod anyday lol. Honestly, I enjoy the 'swing' of Roy's a bit more than mine, and overall sense of 'sound'; but mine does bring that shit to 16-bit (not that that's what we're judging it on...) it's cause the bass and trumpet lol. The fade ins at the start are undeniably effective as well I must say. Those bass drum toms are bangin' though I might have gave my vote to them (Roy's). And my mistake of the loudness of the hi hat is like mixing up salt for sugar when baking... a little bit (lot) softer, and it would have flowed much better.

Ahhh I love them both!!!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(09-21-2014, 12:08 AM)RaikouGilgamesh Wrote: Hmm... I think I'm gonna have to give this one to Gi. I dunno, it just seems to be a bit better. But dear god, this music takes me back... My first memory of this music is after Aeriths death. As a kid, that really came as a shock. I was in tears as I battled JENOVA. The music seemed sad, yet ominous at the time... any one else feel that way, or was it just me?

That's a little weird. Aeristh's theme is still playing during that fight, so you only hear Jenova's theme during Birth and Death.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I'm going to have to vote for Royaken's here. For Gi's, I liked the more piercing opening, but Royaken included the syncopated melodies heard in the background. Also, I feel as if Gi's background melody was a little too loud when compared to the main melody when the music does its main transition about 2/3 of the way through the loop. Also, I do feel that Royaken's was really balanced with the bass line, whereas Gi's felt a little too "up in the sky" without it.

Great job to both of you, as always. You guys have significant talent!

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Voted Gi Nattak, anyway they were both quite artistic versions, great job! Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I vote Mr. Gi Nattak Nice job to both of you guys, as always have significant talent!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I vote for Nattak cause its just awesome and also ryokan(if im correct) is cool too but Nattak's is just like the opera or orchestrated vesion while ryokan is modernized but still their both cool!Laugh
  Find