Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monster AI Upgrade patch

Threads: 270
Thanks Received: 756
Thanks Given: 386
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-04-2017, 10:20 AM)B-Run Wrote: I'm sure its possible... tho I don't know about fading in and out... but some sort of visual sprite change that doesn't feel totally blunt or abrupt...

I don't think you can fade a pixel on the SNES. Transparency is a color of the palette (color 0 for monsters) and a pixel only has RGB values (5 bits each, remaining bit is unused). There is no way to give it a transparency value like the ARGB format.

However as you said, you could use a "death" animation, a bit like the one Seigfried use on Phantom Train. Easy way is to use this, what is cooler is coding a custom one that is closer to fading!
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Vanish
Yea I know about that, was just looking for a way to do it with a large sprite. In any other case it would be the same as chadarnook but i suppose unless sit ever gets  figured out, it will always be a script I can't write.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 50
Thanks Given: 135
Status
Atma
chadarnook and the lady were still fit in a single mould

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 118
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Flee
Yeah, I think that's what he was saying. He's hoping to be able to change large sprites on the fly during battle.

I'll keep it on the short list.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(08-28-2014, 03:04 PM)B-Run Wrote: General Mechanic changes:
  • 24-bit monster HP patch by cklein0001 (bugfixed by myself)

Which bug was fixed here? I'm still getting invulnerable monsters most of the time when you're in slot 5 or 6 on the battlefield. I got stuck in the game as soon as I got to the Imperial Outpost and meat Cyan because of this.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 118
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Flee
(10-25-2017, 09:05 PM)ExiaTreason Wrote: Which bug was fixed here? I'm still getting invulnerable monsters most of the time when you're in slot 5 or 6 on the battlefield. I got stuck in the game as soon as I got to the Imperial Outpost and meat Cyan because of this.

I thought I had that fixed. I'll have to look it over if i get a chance. Obviously I can't let this stand. I honestly can't remember what was done, and there's a lot more left to boot, like healing working correctly with the extra byte.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
(10-25-2017, 09:05 PM)ExiaTreason Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 03:04 PM)B-Run Wrote: General Mechanic changes:
  • 24-bit monster HP patch by cklein0001 (bugfixed by myself)

Which bug was fixed here? I'm still getting invulnerable monsters most of the time when you're in slot 5 or 6 on the battlefield. I got stuck in the game as soon as I got to the Imperial Outpost and meat Cyan because of this.

I also have this problem. Clean, headered, 1.0 rom without even adding a 3rd byte to the HP yet...
  Find