Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tools to Techniques?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I was checking out some hacks to get some ideas and in the FFVI: Eternal crystals hack, I noticed the "Tools" command had been changed for Kain into other custom abilites.

I was wanting to take it one step further and kinda do something a little different and was wondering if it's possible. Locke was gonna have the skill instead of Edgar who is gonna have Jump instead. Here's what I wanted to do with the "Tools"

-Steal skill (something I could do which does activate the steal fuction and I can use this during Locke's scenario)
-Aura Bolt (something similer. Basically skills that similer to characters I get)
-Retort
-Etc

Is this doable with just FF3usME or would I need to do some hex editting? Thanx ahead of time guys!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
The only thing there that would require Hex is Retort, which is hardcoded into the command branch to display the Swdtech startup animation then wait. Simply setting the extra effect byte to the value in Retort won't turn a move into a counter. In fact, if I remember correctly, the Retort extra effect doesn't do anything and it can be changed and still work properly.

Everything else on your list can be done with FF3usME.
  Find

Status
None
(04-22-2014, 02:26 PM)Edrin Wrote: The only thing there that would require Hex is Retort, which is hardcoded into the command branch to display the Swdtech startup animation then wait. Simply setting the extra effect byte to the value in Retort won't turn a move into a counter. In fact, if I remember correctly, the Retort extra effect doesn't do anything and it can be changed and still work properly.

Everything else on your list can be done with FF3usME.

I see. But making a steal "Tool" is doable? how would I do that?

Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Those are some pretty Interesting concepts, Can't wait to see this Hack of yours in Action

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Certain tools (Bio Blaster for sure, and I think Flash; it's been a while since I've looked at that part of the code) call spells when used rather than separate code, and there's an Extra Effect that's 'try to steal' -- 0x01, the second on the list; just change the spell for the tool in question to one that's a Steal 'spell', using that effect. (I'm not sure re: animation what's doable; I haven't worked much with that yet.)

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
Thanx for the info! I'll work some more on this when I get home and see what I can do Laugh

Find