[App] MIDI to MML + Custom RS3extool2

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
RS3EXTOOL2 changes
-------------------------------------------------------
-The things we use for FF6 are now in english (even the alert boxes).

-Now you can use the combination ALT+numbers for navigating it.

-The size of the .exe is 1/3 of the original one and it includes a new icon.

MIDI TO MML
-------------------------------------------------------
What does this sh*t do? This app will automate the most repetitive, tedious and boring steps of composing a song for FF6.

[Image: v5adue.jpg]

IMPORTANT: Before you start using this, place a Romancing Saga 3 rom in the same directory where the apps will be, with exactly this name: "RS3_original.smc"

[Image: 28i2qag.jpg]

Usage:

-Open the MIDI file with the first button.

-Edit the MML file to your liking and save it.

-Press the second button and you'll open/restart the custom RS3extool2. If you have checked the "Autopatch" checkbox, wait a little while the tool patches the rom by itself. If you haven't checked it, you'll have to patch the rom manually. Select the rom named "RS3-------PATCHED-------.smc" that you'll find in the .mml folder and follow the steps for patching the rom.

-Done! Now open the rom with your favourite hexeditor and copy/paste the song wherever you want!

How it works:

-When you open the MIDI file, it will convert it to mml using an embedded tinymml.exe**, it will reverse the octaves, paste the notes into a mml template and open the "finished" mml file. It will create the mml file in the same folder where the midi file is and if there is already a mml file with the same name, it WILL OVERWRITE IT.

-After you press the second button, it will copy the "RS3_original.smc" rom to the midi's folder and will rename it to "RS3-------PATCHED-------.smc". If there is already a rom with that name it WILL OVERWRITE IT. After copying the rom, the app will open (or restart if it's already open) the custom RS3extool2. If you have checked the checkbox, m2m will send the necessary keystrokes to the RS3 tool for patching the rom automatically.**

**Those two behaviours (opening an .exe that is inside another .exe and controlling another program) may be considered as suspicious by some antiviruses and may give a false positive of infection.

NOTES:

-If your computer is too slow, the "autopatch" feature might not work like it should. The program could send the keystrokes before rs3extool2 is ready.

-You can use the second button without using the "Convert" one first, but obviously, since it hasn't been defined earlier, you'll be asked for a .mml file.

Download v1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b5eciw...2m_1.2.rar

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Xenovant for this post:
  • Cyprus (04-14-2014), Joseph Collins (05-24-2015), SSJ Rick (04-14-2014)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Awesome work man. I will put your app in the Tools section.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I remember you talking about this yesterday Laugh! I'll test it when I get home. Hope it works smoothly Smile

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Status
None
It has a cool hidden feature too: it will check your username in this forum, and if it's "Royaken", it will steal your FB account and will post on Justin Bieber's Facebook on your name, saying that you are his fan #1
(I'm joking, of course Laugh)

(04-14-2014, 07:23 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Awesome work man. I will put your app in the Tools section.

Thanks Madsiur!

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
very nice

your contribution is very much appreciated thank you

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Dude, you are a Genius!Objection!

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
Thanks Poco Loco and MrMenzies.

I just wanted to say that if someone gets the false positive with an antivirus, and he doesn't feel comfortable with it, I could make a version without the embedded tinymml (so it would need an external one) and with the "autopatch" feature removed.

Find

Status
None
Added the 1.1 version. Changes:

-Changed a little the translation of rs3extool2

-Now the "autopatch" feature will be checked by default.

-You'll see the name of the mml file at the bottom of the app

-Now it won't attempt to patch the rs3 rom if you pressed cancel when it asked you for a mml file ¬¬

-The "convert" button will change to "clear" when a midi/mml file is selected. With this, you'll be able to select another file without having to restart the program or open a lot of instances. Pretty useful if you are messing with a lot of mml files at the same time.

Download link in the first post.

Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Well done Xenovant, You are a Godsend! 0:-)Objection!

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
(05-28-2014, 03:13 PM)MrMenzies Wrote: Well done Xenovant, You are a Godsend! 0:-)Objection!

Tongue

Find