Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How do I add magic?(newbie help)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I am making a FFII hack(called The Return of the Emperor) and I want to add more spells. For the Dance command, I want to only use 4 areas instead of 8, but what can I do to make the now-unused spells from "Dance" belong to the "Magic" command?

EDIT: Then how can I arrange spells?

P.S.: I use FF3usME, but I don't know how I can do so. Do I need to use another program(s) and advanced coding? Sweat

Thanks for helping Wink

[Image: 44QIhoZ.gif] Punch out in the highest difficulty in a nutshell.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
I'm no expert, but you would have to use a Hex Editor and probably some really advanced coding

Shine 
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cyprus for this post:
  • Pingurules (03-17-2014)

Status
None
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to remove spells that are not from FFII, then. :S

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
You would have to do quite a bit of editing to make these changes. You would have to expand the magic menu, which may or may not be doable (I have not tried doing such a thing.) And then obviously you would need to add all the newly modified spells.

What exactly is your plan? Are you going to do all of the leveled spells from FF2? You may be able to find a compromise with the usable spell space at the moment if you just don't have spell levels 1 through 16.
  Find

Status
None
@Tin Man: Thanks, I am just going to make FFII like a regular FF, where there are exp for levelling up and magic 1-3/4 obtained through buying/learning, and not using it continuously until it can cap at Level 16. I currently have solved most of my problems by removing the Gravity spells and replacing it with the Bio/Poison spells, and removing the Swap spell as it is too overpowered (especially early level grinding with Brains below Altair where they practically kamikaze themselves) and replacing it with Exit(another OHKO spell).
Other stuff of replacing includes:
Magicitite --> 27 Legendary Tomes
Meltdown --> New spell Tidal
Mute --> Fog
So I've basically got that covered, but now my problem is on how to arrange the spells. Do you know how to help? :3

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-19-2014, 04:55 AM)Pingurules Wrote: So I've basically got that covered, but now my problem is on how to arrange the spells. Do you know how to help? :3

Basically spell IDs 0-23 are attack spells, 24-44 are effects spells and 45-53 are white spells. This will remain the same regardless of what you change in the spell data, meaning their order and spell icon will follow what is hardcoded in the game.

One thing you could do is swap spells, but its spell ID might be hardcoded at multiple places in bank C2, meaning you got to change the corresponding value(s). The list would be way too long to enumerate here.

If you wish to modify the magic order (which spell is in which category), you can check the code at C2/55BA to C2/55D5. By modifying the CMPs values there you can ajust at which spell ID you black magic will end, as an example.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Pingurules (03-29-2014)