Poll: Should I continue with this effort?
This poll is closed.
Yes 100.00% 9 100.00%
No 0% 0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VI-II - Years after

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
jRPG Engine is developed for the sole reason to allow for quick development of old school Japanese role playing games using javascript and various other technologies. It is also MIT licensed which is attached to the bottom. That means jRPGe is free to be modified, and distributed free of charge. I only ask that if you create modules or make some changes to contribute to the evolution of the engine. You do not have to of course. Smile

Everything you need in one place.

SweatHmm ______________________Laugh Objection!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Are you actually expecting anybody to say no? Tongue

This looks pretty cool. I've been thinking about making a C++/Java RPG for a little bit now, but it's hard to find any time for something like that (and I still want to continue my hack as well). I'll hopefully have more time in a month when I'm off school on co-op.

It's always best to play to your strengths, and I think this can go somewhere if you put the time into it.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
I prefer them not to but if someone thinks different then I would like to know. I honestly miss the 16-bit jRPG age hence why I am making this. I also want this to be able to be expanded which is why I am thinking of going with an MIT licence for the source code so anyone can pick it up and modify it how they want without having to pay anything. However assets and finish projects will be a different story.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
This is a nice project! It would be cool to see a fully developed engine someday...

Maybe as you advance more some people might be interested in helping?
  Find

Status
None
That is what I am hoping for. I am building it as an engine and even looking to get a kick starter going once I have a simple demo ready. The engine its self will be MIT licence but plan to make games with this to sell and market. Also great thing with MIT is that it allows for community involvement which I am a big supporter of.

Also if anyone has any ideas and such for nifty features let me know. I am modeling this around FF6 so anything that FF6 did not do just let me know. Also this engine will one day support TMX file format but since TMX is not that great of a format imo I am also going to provide a converter which is also being worked on so you can use tools like Tiled : ) to make maps instead of hand code them as I am currently doing : (

Find

Status
None
Big update I have started to do some major changes by converting the JS to CoffeeScript as well as setup the stripped source on github. I will update it as I convert items over to CS

Find

Status
None
Major update with the engine.

Half way converted over to CoffeeScript just need to add in old code as the scaffolding has been set. Also setup coffeescript with gulp so that it can be instantly coded and reflected changes in less then two seconds with watching.

Process:
Edit CoffeeScript > Compiles to JavaScript > Minifies and Exports to locations

Laugh

[Image: 13503945285_f4468be91e.jpg]

Find

Status
None
!!!Major Updates!!!

First off the CoffeeScript conversion is like 90% finished and the majority of the Function Prototype is rewritten and improved on dramatically as things are now modularized. Moving on to things checked off the list. Link to everything is at the bottom of this post as well as in the op

Items Finished
  • Entity.PC
  • Entity.PC:CollisionDetection
  • Entity.PC:Sprinting
  • Entity.PC:StepCounting
  • IO:Keyboard
  • ManagerTonguehrase
  • Manager:Registry
  • Manager:Resource
  • Scene:Intro
  • Scene:World:Map
  • Scene:World:Map:Scrolling
  • Scene:World:Map:Background:Static
  • Setup:Canvas
  • UI:Messages:Informational
  • Utilities:Convert
  • UtilitiesLaughebugging

This is a LOT in just a few days. Heres sort of a road map even though I do not always pay attention to it but at least you can get the idea of the direction I am headed over the course of the next month. These are sorted in the order of priorities.

Focus:
  • Manager:Audio
  • Manager:Event
  • Manager:Event:Global
  • Manager:Event:Triggered

Future:
  • NPC:Basic
  • UI:Messages:Chat
  • UI:Menu:Game
  • Scene:World:Battle
  • UI:Menu:Battle

Everything you need in one place.

Find