Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
B Button Dash Patch Glitch

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
When I dash either down or right, the character dashes but the sprite is not running, they're just standing still, it works fine when I dash either up or left, it's only right or down.
This issue only happens when I have the sprint shoes equipped and I'm pressing B to dash as well.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Here's the patch I'm talking about :
masterzed.cavesofnarshe.com/patches/ff3dash.zip

(In the zip file it's the "ff3dashC.ips" file)
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Interesting. I don't really have a fix for that problem directly, but I think this is curious because I've got a cheat code which allows me to run through walls, but only in the up/left directions.

Why not simply remove the Sprint Shoes, or change their properties so that they don't double walking speed? It seems like you wouldn't need them anyhow with the B Button Dash Patch implemented.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah, the thing is, when you have the sprint shoes equipped and you press the B button, you run even faster, exactly like in the PS1 version, that's why it's a good feature to have

I just need to get this animation glitch sorted though
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Well you know it says in the patch readme that both versions B and C have that animation bug. So it's a known and semi-intended side effect/bug.

The only tip I would have for fixing it is to learn some assembly and look at the patches disassembly there in the readme and go from there. But if MasterZED couldn't fix it, or didn't want it fixed rather than it must be a real pain in the ass.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.