Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I notice that if I move the life spell it makes life 3 not work right .

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
How can I stop this ?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
What do you mean by "move" and "not work right" ? Little description will get you little help.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
The Life 3 staus is hardcoded to cast Life on a character when they die; you'd have to move the pointer manually with a hex editor.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
If you only need to redirect the spell ID from #$30 (actual life spell ID) to another spell slot, you only need to change the spell ID at C2/07A4:

Code:
C2/07A4 A9 30      LDA #$30    spell ID (life 1)
C2/07A6 85 B8      STA $B8     spell to trigger

I must warn you that the game engine isn't versatile with spells which are too much different from the Life 1 spell. If the triggered spell animation doesn't work correctly with the “i am dead” graphics, it will trigger small graphical glitches. Also, the game engine will overwrite specific spell data like the spell target, hit rate and special proprieties.

As a note, if it may be of interest:

Code:
C2/0799 Prepare Life 3 trigger. It will be triggered at C2/4F5F.
C2/4F5F Trigger spells based on special cases: Life 3, Condemned and near-death triggers (Safe, Shell and Reflect).
  Find

Status
None
Ok I wanted to make my spell list look like this :
Cure Cure 2
Cure 3 Full Cure
Life Life 2
Life 3 Ensuna
Now my new full cure spell is where the life spell was . I also notice u can't move the doom spell either

What is the address I have to change none of them when I type on the go to on my editor has the a9 then 30 right next to it and is the id fore the life 2 spell 31 ?
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
We have a language barrier here. I can't fully understand your writing.

You need to use an hex editor to change the address bytes. In this case, A9 is the opcode to load the spell ID and the next byte is the spell ID itself. In summary, change the value from #$30 to #31 at the C2/07A5 address.

Code:
C2/07A4 A9 30      LDA #$30    spell ID (life 1)
to:
C2/07A4 A9 31      LDA #$31    new spell ID

About the doom spell (triggered from Condemned), it is set at C2/4F76. Again, try to change the argument for the A9 opcode to your new Doom spell ID. The animation is apparently hardcoded and independent from the spell ID, however.

Code:
C2/4F76 A9 0D      LDA #$0D    doom spell ID
  Find

Status
None
Thanks a bunch for your help . I ll just leave doom alone but at least I can move the life spell now . Do u have a list of the spells and the codes ?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-20-2014, 11:17 PM)Locke0075 Wrote: Thanks a bunch for your help . I ll just leave doom alone but at least I can move the life spell now . Do u have a list of the spells and the codes ?

Most if not all of the spell specific behaviors are in bank C2. You can download a version from RPG Legion or Assasin's webpage. Both version have different commentaries. Check the link section.
  Find