Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Costume Room (Idea)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I can answer a couple of these:

This is the SNES version, because the save screens for the Advance version don't work that way.

If you can switch one way, it should be no more complicated to go the other way. The most difficult part is adding an entirely new sprite sheet and being able to use that sprite sheet in all the different places in the game where you need it (using a sprite in battle, field and menu are all very different things). Once it is implemented though, it would pretty much just require 3-5 bytes of event code to switch from one to the other. Unless Tsushiy did something that's completely out of the blue and more complicated than what I'm expecting, which is a possibility. Judging by your interests in hacking, I'd suggest learning event code first. There's a great tutorial in the Tutorials section. One suggestion of mine is to maybe start by making a similar yet simpler version of this event, where you could do something to the effect of allowing Gogo to change costume to some other characters. That is well within your league, I predict.

To play FF6, the easiest thing to do is to download an emulator like ZSNES or SNES9x. I use ZSNES, but I don't know enough about emulators to really recommend one. Then you just need to download a ROM from another site (I won't go into too much detail about this here for obvious reasons). ZSNES won't allow you to hack anything though.

For hacking the game, go to the Tools sections and you will get a nice little description and convenient link for all the different hacking tools you have at your disposal. The hex editor is the most relevant for you I think, and rather than have me explain it, download it and try to copy/understand whatever xJCSx does in his tutorial at first, before you try anything else.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Man, I really hope this idea comes to fruition.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Very sorry, kastguyfilms! >.<  
It has become very slow it is to your reply...
and, thank you so much answer on my behalf, Lockirby2!

now, I tried to make the events of the costume room.
Events that I have made ​​is the "Dressing room."
You can go from Falcon issue to the dressing room. You can be made to change clothes all the playable characters in there.

The character of change of clothes, status will change just a little, in line with the figure.
Songs in Falcon issue also changes with the first(Leader) character.

That I have not made ​​yet is a matter of following.
  • Changing the appearance of the save screen
  • Changing the appearance of the shop screen
  • Changing the appearance of the paty making screen

Figure of the character of all, will change as follows.
  1. Tina(Terra) >>> Silk dress(made by Poco Loco)
  2. Locke >>> Knight
  3. Cyan >>> Exotic armor
  4. Shadow >>> Clyde(made by Odbarc)
  5. Edgar >>> Gerald
  6. Masshu(Sabin) >>> Royal Court
  7. Celes >>> Opera Dress(made by Sutebenu)
  8. Stragos >>> BlackMage's Robe
  9. Relm >>> WhiteMage's Robe(made by MetroidQuest)
  10. Setzer >>> Engineer
  11. Mog >>> Geomancer's hat
  12. Gau >>> Tuxedo
  13. Gogo >>> Chameleon Robe
  14. Umaro >>> Kappa Armor

Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(06-17-2014, 12:14 PM)Tsushiy Wrote: That I have not made ​​yet is a matter of following.
  • Changing the appearance of the save screen
  • Changing the appearance of the shop screen
  • Changing the appearance of the paty making screen

I do have plans to eventually visit the OAM code and make this possible, but probably not for a good long while, unfortunately.

However, genius idea... very pretty and well done. I like the added touch of changing the airship music based on party lead.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I agree this is an incredible idea

you did some amazing work

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Do you have an english version of this? <>__<>

Find

Status
None
oh and one other thing I forgot to mention, I did not create that Clyde, that was created by Odbarc, as for the Relm in the white mage costume, it was not created by Zeemis, it was created by MetroidQuest, but thank you for the proper credit, it is appreciated

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
>>TheBigT2000
sorry! only JP ver. >.<

>>Pocoloco
oh, Thanks for correction!
I will make sure to fix also Readme file for the patch my.
  Find

Status
None
no problem, I also have a few custom sprites in the works if you want to look at mine Wink

-HNIC

Status
None
Has anyone been working on this lately?

Find