Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Magicites like Materias?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Hello,
I was asking myself if someone already make this.
Making Magicites work like Materias.
For example: If Maduin teaches Fire2/Ice2/Bolt2 then gaining AP make the pourcentages go up like normal but this learning pourcentage is not tie to the equiped character but to the Magicite itself. Like if Locke is equiped with Maduin after all the spells are 100% learned Locke doesn't own the spells but can still use them because he is equiped with Maduin. If Maduin is unequiped Locke looses the spells as well but if Maduin is then equiped on Cyan he will automatically be able to use Fire2/Ice2/Bolt2.

Is it possible? Huh

(Why I want to do this? I planned to make every Magicite worth to equip till the end of the game. In FF6 it's not the case since a Maduin is less good than a Tritoch. I wanted also to avoid an over use of magic learning like in the original game.)

Thanks !!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
in order to do what you want it would take a tremendous amount of time effort and work and I seriously doubt anyone would even want to bother, I'm sorry to say this but I'm just being honest,

such a thing requires heavy ASM hacking

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
There is a patch that does partially what you want: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1628/

As Poco said, a materia system like FF7 would require you to learn how to code ASM.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (11-19-2013)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Oh, that's ok, I didn't mean to make anyone do the job for me anyway, I am just curious about the possibilities and what already exist in the hacking community. But thanks for the link I will check this. Smile
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
its no problem at all, just remember nearly anything is possible given the limitations of this game

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC