Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
HP/MP individual curve

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Hello,
I'm kind of new in the hacking community.

I wanted to know if it's possible with the FF6ME to change the individual curve of stats gains of each characters. Let's say I want Relm to gain only 10 HP per levels but Leo to gain 20. Can I do this? It seems there is only one curve for HP/MP and each characters got a number more or less for HP/MP which only make a difference in the first levels at best.

Thanks !!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
HP/MP growth is universal by default, so that's not possible to do through FF3usME. It is, however, possible with this hack:

http://www.romhacking.net/documents/458/

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • Kroda (10-24-2013)

Status
None
Thank you!
I'm not sure how it works but will follow what the read me says.
If I'm stuck I'll let you know.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Looking at it, that hack only actually offers stat increases at level up (vigor, agility, magic, stamina); the same basic principles can be applied to HP/MP increases, though, it's just a matter of adapting the hack. Are you looking at having the increase be the same per-level for a given character? (Relm /always/ gains 10 HP, Cyan /always/ gains 22 HP, Sabin /always/ gains 30 HP, etc.) Or are you looking at a more individualised curve, where the gain per level may be different? (i.e. Relm gains 10 HP at level 7, but only 3 at level 8, and then 12 at level 9.) The latter will involve /much/ larger tables; you're looking at 100 bytes per character per stat, so if you're looking at HP, MP, and all four base stats, that's 600 bytes per character.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
Oh ok. But, you know, I don't really know what are bytes. I mean, I kind of know this is related to memory but I have no idea how to work or think with them.

But to answer your question, I prefer the 2nd choice but if it's too complicated I'll go for the 1st.
Any idea how I could do this?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-28-2013, 05:52 PM)kroda Wrote: Oh ok. But, you know, I don't really know what are bytes. I mean, I kind of know this is related to memory but I have no idea how to work or think with them.

A byte is 8 bits (0 or 1) regrouped together forming an hexadecimal number between 0x00 and 0xFF (0 to 255). The binary data (or code) of a ROM in a hex editor is represented under the hexadecimal form, one number being one byte.

(10-28-2013, 05:52 PM)kroda Wrote: I prefer the 2nd choice but if it's too complicated I'll go for the 1st.

It all depends if you want to learn basic ASM coding and adapt the existing hack in the way GrayShadow suggested. If you want an easy and already made solution, go with the first option. If you want to learn stuff and have a challenge, read some ASM documentation (available on this site) and study that hack.
  Find