Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fuse Abilities Submissions!

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
So this is going to be a little different, there are lots of ability slots to fill, so we need lots of abilities. Everyone can submit as many abilities as they want. Use this thread as a basis for your work. There are several different things we need submissions for:

Spell stats:
We need people to submit Spell effects. We need damage bytes, targeting info, satus effects, etc... Basically everything inside the "Spell" tab of the Magic Spells Editor in FF3usME. If you are interested in using a unique mechanic or damage formula, please give us that as well for potential ASM support.

Spell animations:
The fun part! Spell animations for our abilities, these submissions should cover everything under the "Animations" tab in the Magic Spells Editor in FF3usME.

Start-up animation:
This is a doosey and a little bit more advanced. We need a working start-up animation for Fuse, refer to the thread above for basic guidelines. However, since what is envisioned isn't particularly doable with the games current animations, do the best you can. We may not even be able to create the effect we want here, so be creative and work up a new start-up animation for Fuse! It can be as similar or different to the idea or other animations as you want, I just want as many options as possible explored! To do this, get FF6MDE and use the 14-byte Animation String Editor, and use the "Other 1" drop down list. Pick an existing ability to edit for testing and show me what you can do!

I would recommend making all of your animations on a fresh ROM (Especially the MDE edits), so as to not potentially corrupt a game your are using to play/hack!

You can make any number of submissions with any combonation of the categories above. You can just submit an animation, or you can submit 5 separate stats, animation, and start-up animation all in one! You can submit this with raw data, videos, screenshots (supported with the data), or any other way you can thing to show us your submission. Anyone who doesn't want to, or can't make a video, I will likely make a compilation video of submissions in the next week or two once we get closer to voting to make sure everyone can see the submissions...

We still have a LOOOOONG way to go to make Iris a reality. But we're going to get through it! so show the community what you've got!

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Here are my ideas about the stats, ive numbered the abilities so we can easily speak about a specific ability. Finally about the number of abilities, i think 3 abilties per esper is gonna be perfect if we want every esper attack to be unique. Not too sure about Tritoch or the last esper though.

Esper 1: Siren
Role: Balanced
Elemental: Strong Water, Weak Ice
Abilities:
-1A : Physical, 1 Enemy, Inflict Silence, Ignore Backrow
Anim: Musical Note flying toward the target, maybe use part of her esper attack?
-1B : Water Elemental, All enemies
Anim: Maybe a variation of CleanSweep since that anim is nice and not use that much
-1C : All Ally, Remedy
Anim: ?

Esper 2: Kirin
Role: Healer
Elemental Weakness: Strong Holy, Weak Poison
Abilities:
-2A - Holy Horn - H.Horn: Holy Elemental, 1 enemy
-2B - Life Guard - L.Guard : All allies, Inflict Regen
Anim: Similar to Kirin esper attack?
-2C : Cure, all allies ( a way to make the cure spell good till the end would be that it heal 50% of the max hp, like a reverse demi)
Anim: Maybe something similar to Mog Harvester without the birdie?

Esper 3: Golem
Role: Buffer
Elemental: Strong Earth, Weak Water
Abilities:
-Passive Ability : Protect, True Knight, Regen
-3A : Earth Elemental, 1 Enemy
Anim: Recolor of Mog Cave In?
-3B Earth Wall - E.Wall : 1 Ally, Inflict Protect + Shell
-3C : All Ally, Inflict Golem Buff

Esper 4: Shoat
Role: Damage Dealer
Elemental: Strong Poison, Weak Holy
Abilities:
-Passive ability: CounterAttack
-4A : Physical, 1 enemy, Randomly inflict break
-4B : Poison Elemental, All enemy, Inflict Poison
Anim: Green Aquarake?
-4C : Physical, 1 Enemy, Unblockable, Misses if the enemy isnt poisoned

Esper 5: Palidor
Role: Damage Dealer
Elemental: Strong wind, Weak Thunder
Abilities:
-Passive ability: Float
-5A : Wind Elemental, all enemy
Anim: W.Wind Blue
-5B : Physical, 1 enemy, Iris end jumping for a second attack?
Anim: Suplex+SpinEdge?
-5C : All Ally, Inflict Haste
Anim: Haste2

Esper 6: Fenrir
Role: Balanced
Elemental:
Abilities:
-6A : Physical, All Enemy (Maybe an offering like attack)
Anim: Claw Slash?
-6B Moon Song - M.Song: All Ally, Inflict Image
-6C : Physical, 1 Random Enemy, Unblockable, maybe use Valiant Knife dmg formula / the lower her hp is, the more dmg she inflict

Esper 7: Tritoch
Role: Elemental Damage Dealer
Elemental: Strong Fire,Ice, Thunder
Abilities:
-7A : All Enemy, Drain Mp and give it to allies?
-7B -Tri-Dazer : Fire,Ice,Bolt Elemental, All enemy, Unblockable
Anim: Recolor of Tridazer?
-7C : ?

Esper 8: AtmaWeapon
Role: Ultimate
Abilities:
Passive : Counter attack with Flare/Comet, 33% to activate?
-8A - X-Magic:

-8B: Reverse Debilator?, Give a random elemental immunities to all allies, maybe even absortion.

-8C Flare Star - F.Star : High Magical Dmg, Ignore MDef, Unblockable, take times before activating.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Some possible animations for a couple spells:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYJnPxHM...e=youtu.be

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 14
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I liked the Waterga spell but the ones were a little "broken".

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Status
Double
(10-26-2013, 02:15 PM)Blue Mage Gab Wrote: I liked the Waterga spell but the ones were a little "broken".

I'm assuming you meant "but the other ones were." Hold on I'm still not entirely sure about that.

Just curious, but what do you think I should have done differently? I wanted to change S. Attack myself, and I've done so by now. But I don't see a problem with L. Beam, personally, although I've never been the best judge of aesthetics. It's hardly outside the box, but it's not ugly.

I made another few animations today as a break from Physics (a subject which I need a lot of breaks from):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaJ6hXejQ...e=youtu.be

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Nice Lockirby! Heres my 2 cents:

Find

Status
Double
(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: Waterga: its really nice, although the white flash at the beginning is a bit too long. It might even be too awesome Tongue

I agree that the Flash is too long. If only there were an "adjust flash length" button. Tongue Anything else I tried just looked like "Cleansweep, but with X tacked on," so this was still the most successful attempt, I think. My main worry was that it was over the top, especially since it's just an early-game spell.

(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: Sattack: I prefer the first version cause the attack slash is barely visible in the second one.

Then the first one it is. It's always nice to have options though.

(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: BlackNs: We dont see it a lot of it, but it seem a little bit bland.

I actually like this one because of its simplicity. If every attack is too long and flashy it just starts to look silly. It still feels more unique to me than R.Throw.

(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: AcidWave: Perfect to me Tongue

You practically made it yourself. XD

(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: TripleA: Not too sure about this one, red ice really seem weird

It's true that the red ice looks weird. I wish it looked more like a pillar of Flame like I was trying to go for. It's hard to combine all three elements, but I didn't really want to simply recolour Tridazer on this one.

(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: ReGall: Its too intense Tongue

;[ That one's clearly the best Laugh. Joking, I was mostly just messing around with that one.

(10-26-2013, 09:32 PM)daemoth Wrote: Buffer: I seem a little bit weird that the ball appear after the gray effect on the character.

I suppose when you think closely, Rippler and Pearl from vanilla didn't make a whole lot of sense either. I mostly just try to use effects like that in ways that look neat. I'm trying to use some abstract effects like that one because I don't want to just re-colour random curative/status magic for every buff/heal.

Thanks for the feedback! Have you ever tried making any animations before? I'd like to see what you can do. It's relatively easy to get started, you just have to mess around a bit in the ME.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Well ive tried and i figured how to modify it most of the things, but not make multiple animation play one after the other. I guess thats your own asm right? Thats what makes yours nice Tongue
Edit: Just had an idea for the Fusion animation, how about we use the blue flame aura sfx used on Terra in the Tritoch cutscene. Something like this?
[Image: imgshk.png]
Tried to do this as an ability with ME but those kind of animation cant be applied to ability right?
Edit2:
1A Kirin Holy Attack: Magitek fire beam recolored white & black?
5A, Palidor Wind attack:
[Image: imgshk.png]
For Fenrir, we should try to include in some way the moon sprite from the sleep spell.

Find

Status
Double
(10-26-2013, 11:33 PM)daemoth Wrote: Well ive tried and i figured how to modify it most of the things, but not make multiple animation play one after the other. I guess thats your own asm right? Thats what makes yours nice Tongue

I actually barely know any ASM. I just look up the Idx values of different spells that I want to use in the ME, record the numbers onto a Notepad file, and then mix them up for the new spell. For example, with TripleA I recorded that Ice 3 has 00E0 in the Idx 0 slot, and 80E1 in the Idx 1 slot. Then I went to Bolt Edge and noted that it has 01F9 in the Idx 2 slot. Therefore, I made a new spell with all three of these values combined.

Byte 10 also has something to do with it, and I think it's something about the graphics used during the animations. I just try the value of Byte 10 from each of the original spells in turn and hope for the best. It's fun because sometimes you can get some spectacular errors if you're not lucky. Tongue That's why RegAll is so screwy.

I'm not really an expert, so my strategy of playing around with it may not be efficient, but you can do all of it in the ME.

(10-26-2013, 11:33 PM)daemoth Wrote: Edit: Just had an idea for the Fusion animation, how about we use the blue flame aura sfx used on Terra in the Tritoch cutscene.

That's a really cool idea, especially if we could get the Esper to appear and flame up as well. I'm almost certain that getting the Esper to do that would be wishful thinking, though.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Huh, very interesting. At first, i was thinking "this is gonna be so easy!". Then after messing up during 3 hours and not being able to do something that looked good, i understood what you meant by "value of Byte 10 from each of the original spells in turn and hope for the best". Tongue
Edit: Btw, does it pleases and sparkles with everyone for a new non-equipable esper to be her last and ultimate fusion? It could be a broken magicite or an esper that didnt/cant turn into a magicite.

Find