* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Theme Music Poll

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Its voting time! With only 4 submissions I decided to go staight to polls, we have some REALLY good submissions so it's going to be a tough choice! I'm loving the participation and how spot-on our submitters have been with capturing the essence of the 15th Man. Here are our song choices:

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Everquest_Kelethin
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qq2oihob.../15man.mid
Garden of Memories

This is the character we need a theme for:

Background (Click to View)

[Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Is the third one (the 15man.mid hosted on mediafire) an original composition? If so, that might affect my voting. I'd lean toward an original composition if there were one, because it might be better if someone's previous associations with a song don't affect their appreciation of the scenes where it plays. Plus it would just be neat to have an original song for the character. The entry is also pretty good and fits with the style of the original game and character. But, I haven't made up my mind yet.
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
I dont know why but the link doesnt work for my submission. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qq2oihob.../15man.mid

Sadly, this song is not from me! Its from Bach. Square used Tchaikovsky's Lake in FF II, so why not use bach? lol
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-28-2013, 06:51 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: Sadly, this song is not from me! Its from Bach. Square used Tchaikovsky's Lake in FF II, so why not use bach? lol

I did not know that! Also, I really like your song but the only reason I voted for the EverQuest song is because it's a more sad song, which fits the character pretty well. I like classical music but sadly I'm a total noob when it comes to naming compositors and their work.
  Find

Status
None
lolllll no problems!!! The everquest song is really good and fit wells the character!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Status
Double
I like all the songs, but I don't feel the need to shift away from the mainstream here. I'm going with EverQuest too.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(08-28-2013, 06:51 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: I dont know why but the link doesnt work for my submission. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qq2oihob.../15man.mid

Sadly, this song is not from me! Its from Bach. Square used Tchaikovsky's Lake in FF II, so why not use bach? lol

You get like +20 Edrinlikesyou points for knowing this kind of stuff. I'm a big classical buff (in theory). A lot like Madsiur, I love to listen but don't know much about who does what. Don't know why, I just find that kind of knowledge really respectable in today's world.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Astaroth_ (08-29-2013)

Status
None
Thank you very much, it is very appreciated!
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I voted for the Bach. The mood was oddly fitting to me. It's an "interesting" choice that works. (Wish I had earned the points by recognizing the piece.)

There's music in other parts of the game that is pseudo-baroque. So it isn't out of place.

I worried that I would be distracted if I heard a song from another game and recognized it, so I wanted to avoid those choices.

I worried I would be even more distracted if I heard something like Smashing Pumpkins. The selected song comes from an album which -- like a subset of music by the band -- has a theatrical, soundtrack-ish, emotional style and mood that is fitting for ff6 or another JRPG. And it's good music. And it works well in an instrumental midi/spc format. So I do like the choice in many ways. I might have chosen something like "Disarm" if I had to choose a song from that band.

But basically, I would be distracted by hearing a rock/pop song in FF6. Too much intrusion of the real world and things I associate with that song from hearing it in different locations in real life. Similar to the game soundtracks, except for those it's too much intrusion from other games.

I felt like classical music would be the least distracting choice for me. That would probably still be true even if I had recognized the particular piece. I felt like it would feel more timeless and independent of a particular culture or setting, even if you listen to it regularly. It's the next-best thing after an original composition.
  Find