Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
terra's magitek

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The Mtek skills tend to be so under powered by end game it turns into more of a novelty, even with no casting cost.(Not that they don't do dmg, just not as highly advanced super dangerous world dominating skills should be imo. Never looked at the formulas though to see what they are based off of (atk, mag, evasion...) or if they have a set power.

Personally always though of adding Ultima or something to their list so they actually seemed like the OP attacks they are made out to be.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
Well the problem ive noticed with that is usme doesnt let you select spells. the list starts after the esper summons and blanks
  Find

Status
Zombie
Hrm, I've looked at the code that sets that part, but doubt the editor will notice the change and allow others to be selected.

On a positive note, just had a successful test of Edgar using the Possessed command to open a Mtek command window and using Fire Beam. Some fine tuning, and a little code interception in the proper place and this may be an actual patchable... thing.

Boink, cooking with rocket fuel!

Not sure why I never tried this before, but, since writing new code (well copy and paste "new") then trying to work in all the other BS, I completely bypassed that piece of code for "Summon" cuting straight to where the Magitek command goes by changing the pointers. Also had to change the "first spell" calculation value (easy since both Mtek and summon both have recalculated values) to mach up with Mtek's spell list. This should make the editor work correctly as well when it comes time to edit the new lists.

As of now, that all works 100%, although it is using the relocated Mtek spell list. SO, the part that actually requires some sort of asm. Since the new command is directly running the route with Mtek, I now have to cut in before the list are loaded by checking which command it started with (actually, before the "is Terra?" check) and split the code, then tell it how to load the spell list from the original Mtek data space, rather than the new.

Find

Status
Vampire
If you could tell the code that 'is terra' is never and then use the second menu seperate....
ugh im just a spriter! but with skill ideas to match
  Find

Status
Vampire
Another thing to keep in mind, even without magitek armor status, if your character hasthe skillset and is berserked they will use the default commands of Mtek even if youve changed them to completely different skills.
  Find

Status
Zombie
That has to do with the code for deciding how to handle auto battling. It chooses from 01-03 (fire, ice, bolt) in that script, not accessing the list at all.

However, the patch I just put together, the "summon" skill is a different skill entirely. On the downside, it won't use it during confuse, coleseium or berzerk. Not even gonna go there.

Find

Status
Vampire
Thats no big deal at all. its amazing just to be able to create an extra command set like this
  Find