Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Getting myself started

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey all!
Just wondering if any of you fine folks can let me know a bit about getting started.
What is necessary for me to begin? What programs do you recomend?
Probably the only useful program i have o far is paint.net.
i certainly have a number of ideas, so i am indeed already armed with an imagination .
thanks for any and all help!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I would suggest to check out the "tools" section and "Resources and links" along with the sticky threads in the different forums, then maybe play around with the different programs and have a look at the documentation available. The most complete program is FF3usME but there is other programs of interest depending what you need to do.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
If you visit the site's the tools section, you'll find just about everything you'll need to begin hacking, as well as a short description of what each of them does. What you'll need in particular depends on exactly what you are going to do though. Good luck!

EDIT: Lol, you beat me to it Madsiur.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Status
None
Definitely make use of the tutorials around the site, and also a few members have also uploaded tutorial videos on youtube (I know Zeemis has done quite a few which are really great introductions.) Keep backup roms and do a bit of dicking around too, I probably learned about as much from tutorials as I did from my mistakes, in time you'll get the hang of it and figure out what you're good at and what you like doing best. Also be patient, you won't be good at first, my first sprite sheets were garbage. Also welcome to the community.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
also please don't forget to view the rules of the forums please

and feel free to msg me or any other staff members for some help

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Thanks everyone. i will admit, its all pretty daunting, but it seems like you guys have agood community here. i will poke around a little more and see what i can do.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
welcome... if you plan on spriting make sure you read this..
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=667

I honestly never read instructions and started spriting randomly... I messed up like 3 sprites.. few hours lost... all because I didn't realize the last four colors are for npcs only (meaning if you use the last four colors it is messed up in the battle sprites).

Good Luck and welcome bro!
  Find