Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI: Alternate History

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Err... why me? It's not one of my hacks! Laugh

That still not means that i'm not planning something, anyway...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
AH! STUPID ME! How did I get Tenkarider and Tin Man confused!?

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
Atma
Dunno, the only letter we have in common is the "T" Laugh

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
And "i" and "n" Laugh

Find

Status
Atma
Mystery solved. XD

Btw, since when this project is in pause?

Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I hope this project is still ongoing. Just looking at the teaser screens and reading what you're planning storywise, alongside of the suggestions others having been making, I'm already stoked!

The switching of Kefka's and Celes' roles got me interested right off the bat. I'd gladly run around with Kefka as the lead of my party. And I personally can't stand Celes. She always felt... kinda generic to me in the original game. Now Picturing Kefka in her role? Hilarious. And that's perfect, as he's pretty much an insane, magic-infused clown in the original. And man, I can't wait to see Celes doing what Kefka normally would storywise. Not to mention seeing her as a final boss: awesome. It could be just Celes head made purple and imposed over the Kefka's final boss monster's face for all I care. I just wanna kill her haha.

Final thoughts on Kefka: Opera scene. It's gonna be priceless to see. ;[

I agree on an earlier comment on continuous area music during battle in dungeons (besides Boss andd Special fights, of course). FF6 has some pretty sweet dungeon music, it would make the fights feel more immersive. And as far as music wise, the normal music would be just fine, though hearing a more classic version of the victory theme would be sweet. By that I mean the theme sounding like it does in FF1-4. Nothing against FF6's version, but it feels more remix-y than earlier titles in the series, but that's just my personal opinion.

I hope all is going well for you both in your life and your projects. When you progress to the point of needing testers, I would love to help and provide feedback.
  Find

Status
None
Sorry to disappoint you about Kefka but, in this hack, Kefka DIDN'T go insane because of his Magitek infusion, so he's not the batshit crazy clown we all know and love.

Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
I know, I meant seeing him in Cele's role would be priceless. I figured Celes would be the batshit crazy one, poisoning people, messing up the whole planet, then becoming the angel winged/lobster clawed final boss with a half naked chick jutting out of her body like in true Final Fantasy fashion Smile

That mental image of Kefka singing falsetto in an opera... still can't get it out of my head. XD
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bahamut ZERO for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-28-2017)

Threads: 0
Status
None
I remade my dead account just to post a reply to this awesome project.
All of the ideas on the initial post are great, and simple character swaps with a revised script should be plenty interesting by itself. No need to throw too much stuff in if it becomes too time-consuming and difficult. The event edits and sprite work for a lot of this sounds tough but fun.

As for Gau's class, definitely a Mechanic/Machinist, assuming his what-if scenario involves not being thrown out onto the Veldt and spending years fixing all of the broken crap in what I assume would be his mom's house, since dad would be the one to pass away. Maybe even have the cause be monsters, making Gau the polar opposite of his FF6 self. You know, have his encounter on the Veldt be of him running from monsters, and requiring a "First Aid" instead of "Jerky." It could even be his own invention that allows the party to breathe underwater and travel the trench.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Very neat. I'm looking forward to this.
  Find