Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI: Alternate History

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ok, so, here's what I think on some subjects. I can't really see Umaro as a monk, or anything like that... What if we just scrapped him altogether, and changed him to a new class? I think a beast tamer would be nice. I dont think you'd even REALLY need to change his sprites. He's kind of a beast, so I think it'd stand to reason that he could convince other monsters to help. As for a ranger, I'm not sure thats entirely necessary. Ranger was mostly a way to attack back row, physically, and multiple times. Thats more easily done through relics now. However, based on the FF6 General Leo hack, how about someone who's a powerhouse swordsman, that has access to things like Illumina, Atma Weapon, Ragnarok, etc? While there are physically oriented characters, they don't have much use for the stuff. The only one who comes to mind, is Locke. And he's more speedy, than strong. I think Edgar can use them too, but he has tools he can rely on.

Oh, also, as for the Banon/Duncan thing, while it's not inheritantly stated, I think it's obvious that they aren't the same... Duncan comes off as a serious, super strong, martial arts master... Banon is a weak old man who can't protect himself from a squid, or even a couple soldiers. I think they just re-used his sprite, because of limitations. However, if you REALLY wanna get creative with it... Maybe it COULD be the same person, and Banon just has a split personality disorder. One, as a frail, weakly leader. The other, a courageous, strong Martial Arts MAster. And neither personality has any idea the other exists, leading to some confusing blackouts for him. lol.

Now, as for the Maduin thing... I'm not sure he gave HIS memories to her... but just unlocked her own. I think the Espers have a kind of... Hive-Mind thing going on. They all seem to know what each other is feeling, and thinking. The espers who escaped to help their friends in Thamasa, they knew exactly where to go, and what was happening, sort of. Ifrit and Shiva knew that Ramuh had lent his power to your party. Sure, they could have deduced that, but I think a Hive-Mind thing sounds cooler. So rather than Terra just getting Maduins memories.. I like to think of it as she can now tap into that Hive-Mind, something she couldn't do, until her fathers power unlocked hers.
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
This hack will be good and interesting story of all characters.....BTW If Kefka is a final boss is possibly the replacement final boss is Celes!?I'm curious.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Maybe we could replace Umaro with Yura? He seemed to be a unique guy. (If you don't know, Yura is the named Esper who you meet in the caves near Thamasa)

Or maybe the guy pretending to be Siegfried? He could be an all new character altogether, you could do whatever you wanted with him.

Or my previous statement of replacing him with Arvis.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
Arvis just seems... too plain. He's an old guy. However, replacing him with the REAL Siegfried would be pretty fun. However, perhaps replacing Cyan with Siegfried would be better. Both master swordsmen, and all.
  Find

Status
None
I'm pretty entitled to my opinion on the Siegfried faker, you could find out his real identity and he'll be so thankful he joins the battle against Celes. Like, maybe he's just some young man who really looks up to Siegfried, so he pretends to be him.

Or maybe we could replace Umaro with Leo.

Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hey guys is this project still going or is it scraped because if you need a beta teaster just tell mee
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
well the creator (and head of this hack)'s last post was from 2 months ago, so chances are good that it is still an active hack. But you have quite awhile to go before you need to worry about beta testing the game, if I'm not mistaken.
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
Any updates on the status of this project? I'm looking forward to seeing it in action!
  Find

Status
None
I have to ask, have you decided what you were gonna do with Umaro or Gau?

Find

Status
None
How is this hack going Tenkarider? I'm curious. lol

Find