Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final fantasy Butterfly effect

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
This is a project I would like to make.I know that there was a team hacking projet going one but I had no news so If someone is interest in doing this project with me please PM me ..I'd like to know your comments, suggestions, etc...

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, where a small change at one place in a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state.

Intro:
Garland is a knight in Cornelia who gained much respect through his power and skill, known as the best of the Knights of Cornelia. Garland kidnaps Princess Sarah and flees to the Chaos Shrine demanding the king hand control of the kingdom to him in exchange for her life.The Warriors of Light travel to the Shrine where they defeat Garland and rescue Sarah.Garland makes a pact with the Four Fiends to be sent through time to become an immensely powerful being known as Chaos. After the Warriors of Light have defeated the Four Fiends and saved the crystals, the Fiends create an archdemon, Chaos, using Garland's body, and send him 2,000 years into the past.Following Chaos into the past, the Warriors discover it was Chaos who had sent the Four Fiends into the future, creating a time loop paradox.The warriors of light defeat Chaos ending the time loop but before dying Chaos opens a portal to the Interdimensional Rift.

The Interdimensional Rift is hinted to be a connective dimension through which other parts of the Final Fantasy multiverse can be reached. Gilgamesh, Shinryu, and Omega are all creatures who live in the Rift, and appear in similar forms across multiple games in the series, suggesting they are all incarnations of the same being traveling to the different worlds via the Rift. Famed Mimic Gogo in Final Fantasy V banishes himself with the Banish spell and is seemingly "thrown into the Rift", and seems to be the same character as Gogo in Final Fantasy VI.

To come back to life in the FF original world, Chaos need life force of many eidolons.He send is warriors through the rift in FFVI's world just before Terra comes to narsh.

Cast: 0-Terra-Dark Cloud-
1-Locke-Ex Death
2-Cyan-Emperor Mateus
3-Shadow-Edea
4-Edgar-Barbariccia
5-Sabin-Atma weapon
6-Celes- Jihl Nabaat
7-Strago: Dr Lugae
8-Relm-Rubicante
9-Setzer- Garland
10-Mog-Omega
11-Gau-any ideas?
12-Gogo-Gilgamesh
13-Umaro-Cagnazzo
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Now while the premise is rather interesting and I'm honored you asked me to write for this I must point out something now; there is no possible way to have all of those different characters without having them share palettes. Meaning they will look much different than their original sprite color wise. I don't mind helping out but it would be a waste to start and get so far in something only to hit a permanent dead end.
  Find

Status
None
Ill send you what i'v made for those palettes. I changed sephiroth Sad too bad
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Sounds Aweasome Smile

I Also Remember An Movie Named ''Butterfly Effect'' Laugh

CoverHit

Status
None
lol yes It was with ashton kutcher hahaha I inspired myself. The new mortal kombat too have a butterfly effect! A direct sequel would be a little bit too difficult and would take too much work for me.
I want to have cameos and to see if the returners would survive if they hadnt terra on their team. I would like to see a team who dont trust each other too with different motifs to team up.I cant say more for now, but maybe I'll change some characters.
  Find

Status
None
They seem to be fine; especially once you finish them, but be warned you may have to go through the NPC's and change them as well (color wise)

and you may want to rethink Atma weapon...why not put in a ff9 character in there? (we have all but the thieves, Freya and Amarant)
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-20-2012, 06:12 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: Intro:
Garland is a knight in Cornelia who gained much respect through his power and skill, known as the best of the Knights of Cornelia. Garland kidnaps Princess Sarah and flees to the Chaos Shrine demanding the king hand control of the kingdom to him in exchange for her life.The Warriors of Light travel to the Shrine where they defeat Garland and rescue Sarah.Garland makes a pact with the Four Fiends to be sent through time to become an immensely powerful being known as Chaos. After the Warriors of Light have defeated the Four Fiends and saved the crystals, the Fiends create an archdemon, Chaos, using Garland's body, and send him 2,000 years into the past.Following Chaos into the past, the Warriors discover it was Chaos who had sent the Four Fiends into the future, creating a time loop paradox.The warriors of light defeat Chaos ending the time loop but before dying Chaos opens a portal to the Interdimensional Rift.

Your idea sounds very good...I like games that analyze and ponder the idea of time traveling. You might want to start thinking about how far do you want to go with the story. If you go too far, you won't ever end it.

(10-20-2012, 06:12 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: The Interdimensional Rift is hinted to be a connective dimension through which other parts of the Final Fantasy multiverse can be reached. Gilgamesh, Shinryu, and Omega are all creatures who live in the Rift, and appear in similar forms across multiple games in the series, suggesting they are all incarnations of the same being traveling to the different worlds via the Rift. Famed Mimic Gogo in Final Fantasy V banishes himself with the Banish spell and is seemingly "thrown into the Rift", and seems to be the same character as Gogo in Final Fantasy VI.

For some reason this part got my attention...I could be interesting in an event of some sorts inside the rift. If gilgy's around, then it makes it all much more better.

Status
None
True, the biggest problem I see here is that this project will be custom event heavy; if that is not a problem then never mind but if it is I need to start replaying ff6 just so I can get a relatively accurate grasp of the full events for writing
  Find

Status
None
@sutebenuYour right, Atma is not really a good choice because he dont have enough background. I think Kuja would make a better character than atma weapon.What do you think?

And for the project I would like to know how much time it take to make a custom event?I can easily pass more than 3 hours per day. I would like it if we dont need to respect the order of ffvi but will it be too difficult? I have no ideas.
@angel My goal was to make half of the game(just before the world of ruins) and that there would be a possibility to end there or continue if the people working on this want to continue the project.And for the custom events in the rift its a cool idea!!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-21-2012, 10:09 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: And for the project I would like to know how much time it take to make a custom event?I can easily pass more than 3 hours per day.

It depends how fast you learn and it depends how complex is the event. You will gain speed as you practice and know exactly what commands you'll need for the event.

(10-21-2012, 10:09 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: I would like it if we dont need to respect the order of ffvi but will it be too difficult? I have no ideas.

It depends what you mean by "too difficult"... With the event bits and event creation, you can pretty much change the order of every part of the game. You need to be organized that's all. Novalia's Spirit site has the event bits list and setting/clearing an event bit is part of event creation/tweaking itself. Check Imzogelmo's site for the event commands list.
  Find