None
Thank you Madsiur ;-)
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-21-2012, 09:06 PM)Lord Sutebenu Wrote: True, the biggest problem I see here is that this project will be custom event heavy; if that is not a problem then never mind but if it is I need to start replaying ff6 just so I can get a relatively accurate grasp of the full events for writing

I agree, his hack will be heavily based on custom events. I am generally reluctant to join in a new project since my free time is very limited. But that doesn't mean that I can't help. I can teach you some tricks and can help you learn until you're ready to take off on your own Tongue.

That reminds me, I always wanted Henry to learn events. His life is crazy right now, I wonder if he will ever have the time? XD

(10-21-2012, 10:30 PM)Madsiur Wrote: It depends how fast you learn and it depends how complex is the event. You will gain speed as you practice and know exactly what commands you'll need for the event.

Right...the most challenging part is making the characters behave like real people. The little details tend to take a lot of time, on my experience.

I usually have a general idea for an event, then I code it. This would be the "sketch". After, I analyze and see what could be improved or changed. Sometimes I even involve people (Madsiur, Nattak and Henry) and get their opinions on the event. Then I start doing the "revision" of the "sketch". I repeat the above steps over and over at least three more times before I give away the finalized version. The minimum amount of time it takes is a week, give or take. That doesn't take into account testing the game to check if you messed up something and the game is not playable anymore. This happens more often than you would think.

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
@angelo How should I start? What are the steps to create a event? I speak french so tutorial are a little bit difficult for me.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-22-2012, 12:12 AM)Astaroth_ Wrote: @angelo How should I start? What are the steps to create a event? I speak french so tutorial are a little bit difficult for me.

First check the Beginner to Intermediate Event Editing Tutorial. That will help you get set up.
BTW, Madsiur speaks french.

Status
None
ok thanks, i'll practice!
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Here's the "player" Kefka; I'm respriting him for reasons we discussed before:

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Status
None
@Sutebenu Its really nice! I dont want to spoil anything but good work! the contrast is amazing.
You really had a good idea.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
not bad

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Alright, here's an update with his actual palette

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Status
None
@sutebenu very good, better than the other color!!!

Find