Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lorial Sprite Sheet

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Since everyone seems to be into posting their female sprites recently, I thought I might chime in with my newest creation for an upcoming hack by me. I present to you: Lorial.

[Image: ff6-lorial.png]

Without giving too much away, she has psychic ability but is slightly crazy, and a little depressed. You will be seeing a lot of her once I start scripting events and I make some demo videos for you all. All but I think 2 of her poses are custom.

I am not a very artistic person, I just fiddle with things til they look right to me. That being said, I may be able to improve some things with the help of some of the spriting elite here. First of all, she's on Locke's palette, so no new colors. She wears a simple leather, shoulder-less dress and wears a blue ribbon around her waist and arms. Some of the coloration for the dress might need work. Her hair is supposed to look messy, and I am very happy with the front and side view of the hair, the back a little less so. I think its good, I just need a second opinion on if it needs to change.

And lastly, I am in desperate need of a good artist to make portraits, I can't fudge those the same way I do sprites. My forum avatar is was my first attempt at turning another pic into a portrait, and as you can see, its not quite up-to-snuff when compared to any of the in-game portraits. And this was even based on another picture, I am completely unable to do anything from scratch... So if any of you can, or know someone who can make high-quality portraits, let me know!

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
if you can send the .BIN and .PAL files my way I would be more than happy to help!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
Yeah sorry about my lack of getting back to you on those portraits man the one i did send you was only a rough idea.. iv started a college course so dont have loads of time atm. nd personally i think your red mage guy looks to be pretty good start Smile

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
I love the hairstyle and the casting stance. Look fun to play with her.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(09-18-2012, 10:23 AM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: if you can send the .BIN and .PAL files my way I would be more than happy to help!

PM sent with links. Thanks. If possible I would prefer tips rather than outright help... or at the very least tell me why you do what you do so that I can learn and improve.

(09-18-2012, 11:03 AM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: Yeah sorry about my lack of getting back to you on those portraits man the one i did send you was only a rough idea.. iv started a college course so dont have loads of time atm. nd personally i think your red mage guy looks to be pretty good start Smile

No worries. We all have real life to deal with. Hacking has to take a side-seat sometimes. I appreciate the work you did and if you are able to do more in the future, great; if not, great too! Good luck with your class.
  Find

Status
None
Ah well, Edrin by 'help' I mean A long extensive list of what you need to have done,

If I sprite anything it is for no other purpose than your reference, it is your decision to do with it what you will, I will never just sprite something shove it in your face and say 'there' without so much as an explanation as to why I did it.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(09-18-2012, 12:53 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: Ah well, Edrin by 'help' I mean A long extensive list of what you need to have done,

If I sprite anything it is for no other purpose than your reference, it is your decision to do with it what you will, I will never just sprite something shove it in your face and say 'there' without so much as an explanation as to why I did it.

That's perfect.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
its not bad, I'll take a closer look at it

but I like it keep it up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Okay, generally there is very little wrong with this sprite but here is where you need some big improvements:

the dress.

That's pretty much it, the hair looks good on all fronts, the poses and movements are very fluid, believable and are quite good. The major problem with the sprite however is the dress.

The upper portion of her dress is perfectly fine, it is the lower that is not up to par with the rest of the sprite. It is very pillow shaded and no offense, it doesn't look good at all; the moment the sprite is made to be what size it will show; people will notice the odd way the dress is colored. You need to shade it in a far more realistic way; the easiest way would be to change the palette but as you seem to be against that, then you need to be creative with the palette you have. The following is an example of what I did:

[Image: imgshk.png]

and a close up of it:

[Image: imgshk.png]

As you can see from the example her dress has a more realistic shading to it; while instead of making the lightest color a shading color, I simply turned it into a lining of the dress. In this way it can separate and balance the shading and color without making it seem odd or out of place.

I only bothered with the first three sprites to show you an example of what can be done; so have fun, be creative and do what you think is best for the sprite.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Thanks, That's a big help. I was shading the thing totally backwards. It did look really flat in-game.

I have a personal problem with the way dis-symmetry animates, But how about something like this?

[Image: fuuuu.png]
  Find