Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lorial Sprite Sheet

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
that is good, just put an addition dark shade under the "L" shape shade under her waist where it looks like this:

++
+

Do this instead:

++
+
+

it'll break up the light source and give a balanced shading
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Will do. When I get the time to finish up the spriitesheet I will post it again for final shading suggestions.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
[Image: fuuuu.png]

It was kinda tough to keep the lining looking good on the odd sprites like the surprised and fallen sprites. Let me know what you think.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
It looks nice.

[Image: Sprite-gant.gif]
This is me, giving you the evil stare.
OmegaWeaponV5 the evil starer.

Status
None
The back sprites are pillow shaded, try not to be so even on both sides, that is highly unrealistic; the light shades would go where the top of her leg is and where the light would fall on the fold of cloth; you need to keep this in mind when spriting dresses.

There is however an actual reason I took so long to answer this time and it was to show you this:

[Image: imgshk.png]

As you can see I didn't do any shadowing (or anything for that matter) off of the body but here's just kind of what I imagined Lorial to look like (the dress I think would look something like this, no?)
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Wow, that is very, very close to exactly what I envisioned. The only major difference is that the ribbon that makes the "belt" and goes over the shoulders is the same ribbon, its not directly attached to the dress and is designed to look like it could come off without untying (the ribbon, not the dress) and the dress just stops above the chest with no shoulder at all.

I'm not sure if you were trying to teach me something or if you just wanted to draw her, but I will tuck this away in my documentation for the game and may even use it as concept art for the released game in a bajillion years. Thanks!
  Find

Status
None
lol it was a little bit of both actually;

I wanted to show you a concept of her which would give a concrete idea of what she looks like (if you haven't drawn her) and then to show a bit of how the shading would look like and try to implement that in the sprite format. Mostly I wanted to draw her, but the shading example isn't too bad either.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Well thanks on both accounts. I have no real artistic talent to speak of, so I have not attempted to draw any of my characters, it would hinder me more than help.

This is where I am at currently. I'm not sure how make it uneven and still look good.

[Image: fuuuu.png]
  Find