Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Tactics

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
It's cool to see that you are constantly improving your project. I like your idea for the slots too. Implementing randomness is quite easy and I'm not even going to explain it you probably already know how to make odds. No need of a random numbers table from 00 to FF like in assembly.

For identifying the SFX, Angelo is very talented as he helped me with the project when I started it. He might be able to help you. He identified like 50 in 10 minutes for me.

At school we have to devellope and Android game or application. Me and the two other guys will probably do a game based on the Fire Emblem model. I just realized that your game is somewhat like that. We program in Java but everything will be taken care with the fingers on the screen to handle the movements of units and menus selections. The basic classes structures might be similar to yours and I will probably uses FFVI SFX.

But don't worry I won't copy your game, it won't be released to public and it remains a school project, so time is limited which means we will keep it basic. But I'll have a closer look on your project I might get good ideas!
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(09-08-2012, 05:56 PM)Madsiur Wrote: It's cool to see that you are constantly improving your project. I like your idea for the slots too. Implementing randomness is quite easy and I'm not even going to explain it you probably already know how to make odds. No need of a random numbers table from 00 to FF like in assembly.

For identifying the SFX, Angelo is very talented as he helped me with the project when I started it. He might be able to help you. He identified like 50 in 10 minutes for me.

At school we have to devellope and Android game or application. Me and the two other guys will probably do a game based on the Fire Emblem model. I just realized that your game is somewhat like that. We program in Java but everything will be taken care with the fingers on the screen to handle the movements of units and menus selections. The basic classes structures might be similar to yours and I will probably uses FFVI SFX.

But don't worry I won't copy your game, it won't be released to public and it remains a school project, so time is limited which means we will keep it basic. But I'll have a closer look on your project I might get good ideas!

Wow, i would have loved to be able to do a game during my programming course, instead of those useless example.
You can copy it as much as you want. I dont do it for fame, i just make it for fun, so do as you want Tongue Also, if you need help with anything, although i've never worked with android/ipod programs, just ask, i'll be glad to help Smile

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-08-2012, 07:27 PM)Daemoth Wrote: Wow, i would have loved to be able to do a game during my programming course, instead of those useless example.
You can copy it as much as you want. I dont do it for fame, i just make it for fun, so do as you want Tongue Also, if you need help with anything, although i've never worked with android/ipod programs, just ask, i'll be glad to help Smile

Thanks! You would be quite familiar with it because it's basically Eclipse Juno with and android SDK installed. It has a GUI like C# so you can drag and drop your components and change a lot of parameter without writing the code. You program more "events" if I can simplify, but you basically program buttons and other GUI components like in normal Java language. Some methods have different name but nothing to lose you in the mist.

Find

Status
None
(09-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Thanks! You would be quite familiar with it because it's basically Eclipse Juno with and android SDK installed. It has a GUI like C# so you can drag and drop your components and change a lot of parameter without writing the code. You program more "events" if I can simplify, but you basically program buttons and other GUI components like in normal Java language. Some methods have different name but nothing to lose you in the mist.
Personnaly, Ive worked once or twice with "Drag n Drop" interface that do the code for you and i completely hated it. Because you never have as much accuracy as when you directly write the code. Also, it produce a lot of junk code, code that is redundant or that you dont even need.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-08-2012, 09:13 PM)Daemoth Wrote: Personnaly, Ive worked once or twice with "Drag n Drop" interface that do the code for you and i completely hated it. Because you never have as much accuracy as when you directly write the code. Also, it produce a lot of junk code, code that is redundant or that you dont even need.

No no it's not the same GUI. It's made for android. Actually when you place a button on the screen it doesn't produce code automatically but you have to declare the button and get his ID from the "view" where he is. But all the proprieties of the button can be changed without producing code in your class. It's well made. I've never worked with the normal Java GUI. I always did everything by manually coding all my stuff.
  Find

Status
None
(09-08-2012, 11:08 PM)Madsiur Wrote: No no it's not the same GUI. It's made for android. Actually when you place a button on the screen it doesn't produce code automatically but you have to declare the button and get his ID from the "view" where he is. But all the proprieties of the button can be changed without producing code in your class. It's well made. I've never worked with the normal Java GUI. I always did everything by manually coding all my stuff.

Oh okok, nice. Btw grats on your 500th post Tongue

Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
This looks awesome Objection!

[Image: Sprite-gant.gif]
This is me, giving you the evil stare.
OmegaWeaponV5 the evil starer.

Status
None
(09-09-2012, 10:02 AM)OmegaWeaponV5 Wrote: This looks awesome Objection!
Thx Smile If you have a little bit of time please try it, and share your ideas/commentary Tongue

Find

Status
None
What if...
you could create your own character,
Race:
- Human: Can choose 2 classes from a large list
- Half Esper: Can choose a class and a domain from a little list.
- Esper: Can choose a domain from a large list. Has Elemental Weakness/Strength and augmented magical capabilities depending on their domains.
- Moogle: Can choose a class from a special list. (Dancer,Singer,Trickster ...) A lot of their attacks "berserk" them but are stronger.

What if...
you could do Dual Attack(Chrono)/Unite Attack(Suikoden)
Relm + Shadow = Shadow jump forward preparing to dash, Relm "Sketch" 4 copies of shadow, and they all slash the enemy.

Edgar + Sabin = Sabin throw Edgar, ChainSaw first. Sabin follow with a Bum rush look alike.

Mog + Umaro = Umaro jump in the air, Mog dances, and a huge avalanche come down with Umaro riding it Tongue

Terra + ... Maduin! = Terra charge an energy beam, Maduin appear beside her, and they shoot a giant kameha... i mean energy blast Smile

Shadow + Setzer: Setzer throws Darts, Dice and Cards and Shadow, Shuriken ? + Umaro, he throws boulder and end up throwing mog.

Ultros + Chupon = Ultros pull a rope, making a 100T weigth fall, which lands beside the enemy. Then Ultros smack Chupon, sneezing on the weigth, which hit the enemy.

Celes + Terra= Fire and ice blast ?

Cyan + Leo = They each hit 4 times, consecutively. Then they jump back, raise their sword, Cyan does stunner and Leo, Shock.

Mog + Edgar = Spear Time?

Mog + Relm + Strago = Relm and Strago put up a moogle suit and then... dance party?

Share your ideas and commentary!

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
These are two brillant ideas in my opinion!
  Find