Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Japanese/English FF6j, FF3us, FF6A and RPGone translation terms

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
As a reference, I'm doing Excel sheets of different versions and translated words from FF6j (SNES), FF3us (SNES), FF6 advance (GBA) and the RPGone translation (FF6j to english). I'm going to post the excel sheets to download when they are mostly finished. Expect all items, magic, character name, general vocabulary of FFVI, SwTech, Blitz, Rages, Lores, Command names, menu items, status and more..

I would need someone that can translate japanese for direct translation of the word used in the game. I believe google is not very accurate. Also, I would like a phonetic translation of how the word sounds in english. So if you know someone who can do this and is interested, tell him to contact me. It's not a huge project but still interesting for reference purpose and future possible translation(s).

The google translation column is probably inaccurate, thus the need to remove some translated words from this column.

sample (Espers):

[Image: sample-1.png]

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Very nice! I have done the exact same thing for helping me with my hack (and helping me with my excel obsession), just minus the Japanese.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-13-2012, 10:24 AM)PJM Wrote: Very nice! I have done the exact same thing for helping me with my hack (and helping me with my excel obsession), just minus the Japanese.

I have a fix on Final Fantasy databases, I am doing one with Access 2007 but more people use excel sheets. You can import excel sheets in Access so there is no problem there... Yeah the japanese words are there for helping me when I search stuff in japanese on google lol.
  Find

Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Hehe, I hear ya. I was a database administrator during a work term in Europe, I love it. Anyways, I can wait to see the final product Smile

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
The google translations are weird in some places. If you're just looking for a transliteration of the katakana, I can do that for you.

A "-" indicates a held-out vowel sound. Thus "Ketto Shi-" could also be written as "Ketto Shii"

Ramuu
Kirin
Seire-n
Ketto Shi-
Ifuri-to
Shiva
Yuniko-n
Madin
Katoburebasu
Fantomu
Ka-bankuru
Bisumaruku
Go-rem
Zo-na Shi-ka-
Serafimu
Ke-tsuhari
Fenriru
Varigarumanda
Midogaruzuorumu
Rakushumi
Arekusanda-
Fenikkusu
Ragunarokku
O-din
Bahamu-to
Jiha-do
Reidi-n
Rivaiasan
Girugamesshu
Sabotenda-
Diaboros

Simple. ^_^

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I notice some familiar Espers there.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-13-2012, 06:13 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: The google translations are weird in some places. If you're just looking for a transliteration of the katakana, I can do that for you.

A "-" indicates a held-out vowel sound. Thus "Ketto Shi-" could also be written as "Ketto Shii"

I know the google translations are weird. I don't trust them. Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated!

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I originally wanted to do the same sort of thing, only across the whole early series (pre-7) rather than just 6, since the first 6 FF's tended to have the same weapons, armor, items and spells.
  Find