Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
8 dragons

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Thanx Madsiur! However, I'm hitting some issues. Once I input the dragons and try to save levels, it says the minimapp for WOR exceeded space even though I didnt edit it. What do I do?
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Can you take a screenshot of the error and upload it via imageshack.us?

I only get an error when I try to insert too many NPC's, and ff6LE will not allow me to put more on a specific map.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-07-2012, 03:00 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Thanx Madsiur! However, I'm hitting some issues. Once I input the dragons and try to save levels, it says the minimapp for WOR exceeded space even though I didnt edit it. What do I do?

You're probably using FF6LE Rogue that requires an expanded ROM to save because it uses bank F1 as an expansion bank for the WOB and WOR maps. However, this version has a bug that will corrupt your ROM so you should use the first release of FF6LE.

If you're using the first release and got that error without modifying the WOR map, then I don't really know how you could get that error.

(03-07-2012, 03:06 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: I only get an error when I try to insert too many NPC's, and ff6LE will not allow me to put more on a specific map.

I think if you had too many NPCs on a map or in the game, you would get a specific error regarding NPCs Angelo, right?

I saw the NPC error message box while browsing the source code I think...
  Find

Status
None
Awesome! using the older version really did the trick! So where do I find the Statues event list? I am having trouble with that...
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-07-2012, 09:55 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: Awesome! using the older version really did the trick! So where do I find the Statues event list? I am having trouble with that...

Check the event number of each statue in the NPC tab of FF6LE. You must have selected the statue NPC. The event number goes from 0 to 2FFFF which is CA/0000 to CC/FFFF. Then you check the event dump accordingly. You might have to move the event if there is not enough room to add stuff or there is free space I think at the end of the CC bank.
  Find

Status
None
-brain leeks out of ears- This event hacking will be the end of me. lol xD. It's my kryptonite. So I only need to edit the statue events? can't engage if without crusader but can with?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-07-2012, 11:07 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: -brain leeks out of ears- This event hacking will be the end of me. lol xD. It's my kryptonite. So I only need to edit the statue events? can't engage if without crusader but can with?

Re-read my post about the dragon events and the code I posted where you get crusader. You should set an unused event bit right after you get crusader (using the event command D0 to DD depending on which bit you use) then make a check on that event bit (command C0) at the beginning of each statue event. If the bit is set (or clear) you will branch somewhere and if not it will continue reading the code. You could simply branch to the return event which would make the game continue. (nothing would happens by touching the statue)

You must work with the event dump, the event bit document and the event command document. The FF3info.txt file contain also some command that could be useful. There is a link to that file in the music tutorial. All the info necessary to achieve what you want is in those documents.

You can check the event dump for examples and understanding events. I did a tutorial on branching too and you could check it to understand branching. Look in the tutorial section. Learning how to do event is relatively easy with all those tools. You just need some patience and perseverance. You might have to check carefully your code if it doesn't work the first time or if your game freeze.
  Find

Status
None
Well I did it xD I had a save spot in kefka's tower where I hadn't fought the dragons yet. I went to fight the statues.. no dice xD. Then I killed the dragons(fast with codes) and went to fight the statues and WOOT! Thanx again guys! You're always so helpful! If I run into any issues with it, I'll be sure to post!
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Well, show us a video! Upload it to YT and put it here!

Status
None
Sorry it's been 2 days since I've been on. Something happened with my password and I couldn't log in correctly. Also, the post above is incorrect. My GF got a hold of my comp while I was busy elsewhere and posted that. She was assuming I'd figure it out and finish quickly then post what she posted xD. She was wrong however and I am still at a loss. I feel so helpless guys. Yer all being such a huge help but I can't understand... event hacking/hex editting really isn't my thing... Which sucks bcuz there's so much more I want in my game and I'm sure it will require it so that sux...

EDIT: Btw Angelo, I replied to yer PM
  Find