Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Separate character palettes

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I hate how FF6 has only a few palettes that characters share. Is it possible to separate them individually?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
One of the problem that you would run into is that the byte where the shop and save menu palette is store for each character can only hold 7 possible palette numbers (bit 1, 2 and 3). the rest of the byte is used for something else.

As for the overworld and battle palette, I don't know if you could assign palette numbers higher than 7 to those. I think the palette numbers above 7 are reserved for something else...but I'm not a palette expert.

Unless you want to have only 7 characters, then each could have his own palette but I don't think this is what you're aiming for lol
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Mike assigned palette 7 to Fusoya in his hack, and palettes 7 and forward are not properly displayed in the airship character selection menu, nor in the save menu.

Status
Regen
Well shit, that makes my life a bit more complicated for the 2 mods I'm working on then.

OR, is it possible to remove the characters from the shop screen/save menu and tweak the airship character select menu by making it dialogue driven?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-07-2012, 12:06 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: OR, is it possible to remove the characters from the shop screen/save menu and tweak the airship character select menu by making it dialogue driven?

You mean having a dialog box with the choice of the 14 characters + a "none" choice if you want to have less than 4 people in the party?

The event command B6 that branch on the choice of a dialog selection can only hold up to 6 different branching (so 6 characters). You could maybe ask in 3 different batches, set the appropriate event bits and you could have your 14 characters. You repeat this process up to 4 times and you just formed the party.

The party changing menu appearing is event driven (command 99) so that could easily be removed when you speak to a character on the airship. You would also have to clear the appearance bit of the NPC corresponding to each character if you select him/her.

Everything is a matter of branching properly I think.

Edit: As for removing the characters in the shop and save menu I know nothing about it.

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
(02-06-2012, 11:54 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Mike assigned palette 7 to Fusoya in his hack, and palettes 7 and forward are not properly displayed in the airship character selection menu, nor in the save menu.

It was palette 6 actually, 7 is reserved for chocos and magi armor n stuff

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Regen
Maybe I need to concentrate on seeing about not allowing you to change party members...just make my mod assign you someone itself. LOL Nah, that would piss people off!