Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3 Job Sprite Request

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
While Lord J finishes up on his part of the second episode of Eve of Darkness, I thought I'd take my hacking into a different direction.

I want to replace all the current playable characters in that you get in the World of Ruin (Fourteen total) with job classes.
If anyone would like to take a jab at making a few sprite sheets for me, I'll be very happy. I'll be using:
Onion Knight, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Thief, Dragoon, Ninja, Viking, White Mage, Black Mage, Bard, Geomancer, and Summoner and Magic Knight.
[Image: 1629ph1.png]

Palettes go as so:
0: Ranger, Summoner, Thief.
1: Bard.
2: Viking.
3: Onion Knight, Fighter, Ninja, and White Mage.
4: Monk, Black Mage, Geomancer.
5: Magic Knight, Dragoon.

Ranger: I'm still thinking about this one, but I have an idea of how I can manipulate the animations of Crossbow, Edgars Tool.

Summoner: The summoners "Call" ability will replace Rage, self explanatory.

Thief: The thief will be able to wield daggers and steal stuff, like a normal thief.

Bard: The bard's "Sing" ability will replace Dance. All his ability's will be considered buffs. For those of you who don't know that term, a buff is an ability that improves a character. Defense up skills, attack up, etc.

Viking:The viking will replace Umaro in every way, he'll be the Berserker of FFV.

Onion Knight: The Onion Knight will be able to wield every weapon and will replace Gogo. For those of you who don't know, if you select Status from the main menu and look at Gogo, he can obtain every ability from the other characters. The downside is that the Onion Knight will be fairly weak, but will be able to use every ability.

Fighter: The fighter will have weapons that allow X-Fight if equipped, he'll be moderately strong but weak defence. He only has Fight as an option.

Ninja: The Ninja will be allowed two weapons equipped and the "Throw" ability.

White Mage: The White Mage's ability will have "White" as it's only ability, this character will most likely be essential. White will replace MagiTek.

Monk: The monk will be strong with his fists, but have a low defense. Once per turn, he can double his attack like a normal monk can.

Black Mage: The Black Mage's ability will have "Black" as it's only ability, this character will also be very essential for fights. Black will replace Magic.

Geomancer: The Geomancer will use all elemental attacks, some of which are weak, and some of which are strong. "Terrain" will replace "Lore".

Magic Knight: The Magic Knight will be able to use elemental based weapons to deal more damage to his or her foes. "MagicSD" will replace "Item". By replacing item, this will both hurt the player and help him with this class. I can set it so that there are only about five different items that can be equipped in battle. While I'm getting rid of the ability to use essential potions and elixirs in battle, you won't need them as much. The only character who'll use magic is the Black Mage and I can set how much MP use each spell requires. As for healing, well use your White Mage. Wink
I can make certain "Magic Swords" like Flare or White easily in FF3usME. I can set how damage much each of these Magic Sword ability's do as well.

Dragoon: The Dragoon's only two ability's will be jump, and fight.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
If anyone is going to do this, then make a couple of the sprites more exotic, I'll try to do a little. Dibs on the Mystic Knight, Warlock, Black Mage, Ninja and Karateka.
EDIT - Oh and I might not be able to get all of those done, if I can't do any of them I'll leave a post here saying so.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well I made u a Dragoon sprite a good while ago Zeemis why not use that Wink

and I already touched up the Onion Knight 4 u 2

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Traitor
I wanna use all 8 bit to be honest. :p
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
o u want them 8-bit?

I mean ok but why?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Traitor
Yes, exactly like the screenshot. Smile
I chose 8-bit because it's a hell of a lot easier to do 8 colors instead of 14 or so.
There's virtually no shading either which makes it more easy, and the sprites have been accepted worldwide so they can't "suck".
  Find

Threads: 25
Status
None
How do you change command names?

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Status
Traitor
Use the Hex Editor.
  Find

Threads: 12
Status
None
Since I'm the biggest noob here, I'd like to take on the Fighter sprite.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Lets use these sprites instead:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...heet/19338

Any objections to this?
  Find