Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need a hack reccomendation.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
What are some of the best-quality FFVI hacks out there? I need something to play on my phone at the gym.Tongue
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
The only hack I have played from beginning to the end is The eternal crystals by MetroidQuest. It does feature a lot of changes, music hacking (including an original composition). I won't spoil all the changes but as an example, Edgar is a Dragoon and all his tools has been modified. The story has also been modified in a very good way, the WOR map has been modifed and a lot of monsters sprites has been changed. I really enjoyed this hack!

I found however a couple of bug in this hack, like sometimes after a boss fight you won't receive item item you're suppose to receive and I think it's due to the hp loop trick of some bosses. Also you can use rods multiples times with some characters, but maybe that was intentional...

Here's the official page:FFVI: The eternal crystals
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-29-2011, 01:42 PM)Zeemis Wrote: See if you can beat my hacks. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeemis#p/c/5...jbxSGcJPq4

I've been watching your super boss videos for some times now and some bosses like Gestahl, Omega MKIV, Emerald Weapon and Maenad seems to be really difficult to beat.

It would be nice to see most of your super bosses in the same hack...There is the limit of the monsters graphics data size (in the sprite editor and the rom) and the monsters number. However, there is a way to overpass two of those three limitations.

I managed to manually add a monster sprite, creating his mold and monster visual specs. Calculating the values of the 32 bytes mold is a long process however...

This technique lets your overpass the limit of the sprite editor and let you have a lot of huge sprites (128 x 128) in the same rom without deleting the some of the existing sprites. You still need the sprite editor to pre-save all your super bosses palettes (somewhere between palette #656 and #766 I think) and calculate his mold with a temporary rom (which include only one of your super boss).

I used Tile molester (a java tile editor which let you open two roms in the same window) to copy/paste the monster graphics from the temporary rom to another one which would include all the super boss graphics. You need to move the monster graphics and molds data from the E bank to somewhere in the F bank where there is a lot of free space (this can be done by applying the patch I posted). It's a long process that you need to repeat with all your super bosses but it's feasable.

I might do a detailed tutorial of this process when I have time as it would be better than posting it in a general topic thread but I just felt I should share it now.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
I have a boss sprite that I'd like to use, but is currently to big for what the sprite editors can use. Me and you should colaborate one day.
I'm currently working on my "The New FFIV" engine modification for FFVI. I've put forth a lot of effort with custom sprites (thanks to a lot of members here on this site!), new weapons, new bosses, and a completely new overworld tileset. I want to include every FFIV super boss from all the different versions.
I've already got Proto-Babil and Omega Mk.IV finished.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-29-2011, 03:07 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I have a boss sprite that I'd like to use, but is currently to big for what the sprite editors can use. Me and you should colaborate one day.

I would like to colaborate with you. I will have some free time during the holiday season when school is over. If your sprite is bigger than 128x128 I can't be of any help however, as I can only overpass the limitation of FF3SE in the data size and do almost manually what the editor does when you add a sprite. I don't think it is possible to have a sprite bigger than 128x128 as it would simply be too big for the game window.

(11-29-2011, 03:07 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I'm currently working on my "The New FFIV" engine modification for FFVI. I've put forth a lot of effort with custom sprites (thanks to a lot of members here on this site!), new weapons, new bosses, and a completely new overworld tileset. I want to include every FFIV super boss from all the different versions.
I've already got Proto-Babil and Omega Mk.IV finished.

I'm looking forward for this hack. A "new FFIV" is a really nice idea!

Edit: I'm also considering recoding Yousei's editor (at least the monster graphics editor part) into Java. There would be an option where you could enter the offsets of where you would like to move the monsters graphics and you could enter a maximum size for the data. The editor would work accordingly to the new location and size of the monster graphics. This would solve once and for all the problem of monster graphics data limitations.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
You could always try this. Laugh

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-29-2011, 03:52 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: You could always try this. Laugh

The dialogs looks hilarious and it seems you die a lot in this hack from what I've seen in the screenshots...!
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
You do die a lot, unless you grind it out. Laugh

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]