Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thanatos Model (Dark Lich - Secret of Mana)

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
-=The Oracle - Thanatos Theme=-
[audio]https://www.ff6hacking.com/thanatos.mp3[/audio]

In preparation of Skyrims creation kit release, I'm making a model of Thanatos, the Dark Lich from Secret of Mana whom resides in the Mana Fortress. My intention is to obviously have a boss fight, but I'd also like to recreate the Mana Fortress in skyrim. Much like my "Eve of Darkness" hack, I'd like to offer the player a chance to play though a custom built area, but also give them a nastalgasm.
[Image: ThanatosSkull.png][Image: ThanatosSkull1.png]
[Image: ThanatosSkull2.png][Image: ThanatosSkull3.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
It looks incredible so far, Zeemis, and mighty intimidating~! You're getting damned good at this 3D modeling. This's a very accurate depiction of the skull.

Here are my thoughts...

The nose (or nose socket in this case) is somewhat different I see, it resembles a more realistic-looking skull, as opposed to a sort of beak-like hooked kind of nose that is the Dark Lich.

If anything, I'd say the upper mandible/nose socket area as a whole -could- use a little more work, kind of blend them in together more, and make it less human-like, and more almost 'beakish'.

The side view of the skull looks like maybe both the upper and lower jaw bones could be even more elongated, and the lower could go back farther into the skull as well, and should be made a bit larger - to make it look more defined or something.

To me, it looks basically flawless from every view except the side. The side view looks way too 'humanish', in my opinion, the jaw should stand out more and look, well, more like an alien from the movie Aliens, crossed with Prana Devil from PSX's Unholy War...of lack of a better description lol. But, this being a 3D model, this could be the right way to do it and exactly what you are going for, I wouldn't know.

The eye sockets look like they could be slanted a bit more up, and enlarged just a tad, more 'sinister' if you will. But honestly, they look fine as is, looks cool and pretty much dead on.

I love that you're doing this, Dark Lich is such a awesome looking creature and is one of my favorites; he will look amazing as 3D model, I really can't wait!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.