Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SPRITING CONTEST: Halloween Competition

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring a concept that may revive the forum. The spriting competition. A contest where various spriters make sprites with a theme. At the end, we vote on a winner. I intend to maintain this monthly. First contest, Creeps and Costumes.

The theme is to make either a monster (Doesn't have to be Halloween based, but it helps), or a character in costume.

NOTE: THE ONLY PRIZE FOR WINNING THIS CONTEST IS A TITLE. YOU GET NO PHYSICAL REWARD.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
it sounds like a fun idea

next time discuss it with one of the moderators or one of us admins before making a contest

we appreciate the enthusiasm and the idea but we call the shots, dont sweat it though we arent assholes we'll let it slide :p

but other then that, I personally think it sounds fun and I'll leave you to it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I'd love to see mog in a pumpkin costume :p

Sounds like a nice idea, shouldn't the contest be advertised on the front page? Might want to do it quick since we're close to mid-october already.

As for a prize, I'm clueless.

Status
None
hmmmm

I suppose I can make a sprite sheet for someone

or Angelo can make a custom event

the prize can be negotiable

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(10-10-2011, 08:28 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: I suppose I can make a sprite sheet for someone

or Angelo can make a custom event

I'm in, however...for making a custom event, know beforehand that my patience with LE is limited XD

Status
None
hahaha

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Now my question is, does this require a full sheet or just the standing and walking sprites? I ask this because that alters how many colors we can use. If this is merely for the walking sprites then we can use the npc colors, if not then we will limited to the normal color limit.

EDIT: Also if one so chooses to go the lazy way will you allow one to say...submit vanilla Kefka since he is already dressed up as an evil jester without a hat?
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(10-10-2011, 11:19 PM)Sutebenu Sempai Wrote: Now my question is, does this require a full sheet or just the standing and walking sprites? I ask this because that alters how many colors we can use. If this is merely for the walking sprites then we can use the npc colors, if not then we will limited to the normal color limit.

EDIT: Also if one so chooses to go the lazy way will you allow one to say...submit vanilla Kefka since he is already dressed up as an evil jester without a hat?

1. While it is preferred that it is playable, NPC also works. So long as it fits the theme and is usable, it is accepted.

2. Nope.avi
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Alright, I asked the first question (the second being an obvious joke) because I may have time to just do a "NPC" costume character while not having the time to do a "PC" character, sheet wise it is much less time consuming to have 9 sprites to do as opposed to 40+
  Find

Status
None
Sutebenu, if you participate, I take it you're aiming for a custom event? I mean, you're obviously talented at spriting, or...unless you're doing it just for fun :p